S300 review by Stagg

Stagg: S300

Price paid: € 169

Purchased from: Klom Muziek

It obviously sounds better as my fender, how I tested this, I asked a few peple to listen to the sound without looking and then asked them which sound was better... 100 % of the foutr peole I asked liked the sound of the Stagg gbetter as my custon shop designed fender.

For this money you can't buy a better stratocaster, if you buy a london city, a fender, or a squier, you might think you buy a better guitar because of the brand and price, but that are just the emperors new clothes, if you own one, don't sell it for less you bought it, it is a great guitar!! I have been playing it now for over 5 years. You should lower the elements a little, factory default the are too close to the strings. I love it because it plays better as my Fender statocasren custom shop designed which I bought from Klom, 's-hertogenbpsch also.

Yes, yes and again yes, of course there are better guitars, I own a 1971 Aria which plays better and also I have a Gretch Corvette which plays better (however the sound of the corvette is not superb) I would certainly use it at a gig without backup. But I would take, just for sure an extra set of strings, however I f you cange the twice a year there is no real worry in breaking then. You can certainly depend on it.

The finish was good, although I allways lower the action of the guitars I but to the minimum possible, the neck of this Stagg Stratocaster is very straight! I had to lower the pickups a little, but I allways have to adjust the picups after I buy a guitar. This Stratocaster was so wll finished for a stratocaster.

I bought this Stagg Stratocaster copy as a sort of beginner guitar, but it plays better as my Fender Stratocaster which is custom shop designed. The Stagg has a copper logo on the neck, and a rosewood neck. I have seen other stagg's stratocasters which haven't the same good finish. Its like the Squier bullits but then much better, I once owned a squeir bullit but the paint comes of in a few years, this Stagg is mucgh better quality!

CarlosHigg
    I.O.T.M wrote: 6 years on and I'm still playing this guitar. Not because it's good, it's because I'm too poor to buy another guitar.
    I feel you brother. Maybe one day I hope to save up enough for a more expensive one but until then I'm just gonna shred the shit out of this one.