S301 review by Stagg

• Reviewer's score: 6.2 Neat
Stagg: S301

Price paid: € 99

Purchased from: ddd-music.com

I play a lot of Metalcore ,Punkrock and some blues/jazz stuff too. This guitar sounds distorted very nice and has its best sound at the low notes.So you can play metal (and also punkrock) easyly with a good sound. But with clean stuff like pop/rock jazz and blues it sounds not very smooth. So if you rather listen to metal and harder punkrock its avery good guitar for you as a beginner. There isnt any noise if you're not playing.

If it was stolen i wouldn't buy it again because its just a beginner guitar. It would've been nice if the guitar would have an single coil added to the HWW-Humbucker. But as I said before:for beginners Who like hard stuff i would recommend this guitar.

The Stagg S301 probably wont be good enough to be played Live. you would have to invest some money to change the pickup and that's not worth it. I think this guitar will last some more years but I'm sure it will not stay playable for decades. Maybe as your last backup you can use this one.

The Action was ok. Nothing impressive but nothing to criticize. The Pickup wasn't adjusted prober, so after 5 months I had to go to a repair shop to fix it because it wasn't placed straight. The bridge and top were finished fine and there wasn't anithing to citicize, too. The nut had too be changed because a part broke apart which was a expensive problem(related to the price of the guitar).

My Stagg S301 was made in 2002. It has 21 thin frets, the neck is made of rosewood the body is made of alder. It has a Strat style and the bridge is a fixed-S-Style Bridge. The electronics are passive and there's just a volume controle-it's a beginners guitar. The only Pickup is a HWW hot Humbucker. With the selling price of 99 I got an cheap 3m cable and a pick.

mr. ...
    hippyguitardude wrote: holy crap this article had such bad grammer.
    try grammar smart ass
    isabiggles
    There isnt any noise if you're not playing. yes.... i've found that with many guitars. Actually my ibanez isn't making any sound now and I'm not even playing it!
    Weybl Himself
    rancidryan wrote: JoelTheShredder wrote: i traded my jem in for this. so worth it. are you joking?
    Normally, I'd be positive that he is joking, although, on UG...
    Stevie B
    I have this guitar. I replaced the bridge and the pickup and I think its actually a pretty nice guitar. That or I just happened to get a decent one off of the production line.
    rancidryan
    are you joking?
    sweepxcore
    banshee8831 wrote: looks like tom delonge signature isn't it? graffiti yellow,one pick up,strat style,one volume,pearloid pick guard.exactly tom delonge signature of fender
    Squire have one too. its exactly the same almost, and you can get it in orange & blue (i think theres one more colour not sure). the black one is done by squires father company, fender.
    TheZookeeper
    hippyguitardude wrote: holy crap this article had such bad grammer. at least now i know not to buy this guitar ever though
    Dude, to be fair though, you just said 'grammer'.
    cryzhadry
    give him a break man! hes german. I'd expect guitar like this made from crappy bass wood or agathis.
    thanks dude =) ill correct it when i have time
    jb_reborn
    aaciseric
    Quick bit of advice, 'an' before a word starting with a vowel, 'a' before a word starting with a consanant, you made that mistake alot.
    nemesis_911
    BurningTheLives wrote: JoelTheShredder wrote: i traded my jem in for this. so worth it. I find it funny that people think he's serious
    Dude dis is UG, u never know
    hippyguitardude
    BurningTheLives
    JoelTheShredder wrote: i traded my jem in for this. so worth it.
    I find it funny that people think he's serious
    Scum-bag Carrol
    JoelTheShredder wrote: i traded my jem in for this. so worth it.
    ha i traded my Gibson les paul custom for one!
    banshee8831