X300 review by Stagg

Stagg: X300

Purchased from: Hammersound

This guitar suites my music style perfectly! But I stil prefer to use Distortion! This does sound muffled on amps made by Fender and it does'nt sound as rich and you don't get the normal 'Crunch' sound that it gives off. This guitar is very noisy which I believe is just the quality of the pickups. This guitar can go from a lead type (High sustain, Brighter sound whilst still holding its heaviness) to Rhythm (Darker sound, still sustain but not as rich a sound, Heavier crunch!)

I'm into playing Metal and some clean stuff aswel, this guitar fits both of my styles, if you don't have a Fender amp that is! I have been playin for 4 years, all i have is two guitars (an Encore something and a Stagg X300), a huge (blown) amp, and a mini-amp (portible belt clip version). I'd wish that I should have asked for a free amp but hey, what can you do?! If this guitar was stolen or lost, I would probibly buy another guitar. It's not that the guitar sucks or something I'm just into change! What i love about this guitar is the shape. It looks cool and fits in with the music style that I play. I also love the sound that the pickups produce! What I hate about this guitar is the pain and discomfort that you get if you don't sit with it right. If you sit down to play it and your slouched, the spikes dig into your chest, so you have to straighten your back (you get used to it after a bit). I also Hate it when dust gets on it and then the sun shines on it. Because its black, the dust shows up really well. My faverite feature is the whole thing! The shape, the sound, the color. It's all good! I wish that it had the B\.C\. Rich widow headstock, but it's not a B\.C\. Rich. All in all, it's worth buying, it's a great guitar with a great sound!

This guitar will not mark! Ive accidently banged it a few times. I haven't played live with it yet, but I think that it will be alright! The finish seem very good (as i said before no scratches!) The strap buttons are good and work well if you have a good quality strap. I can depend on this guiatr a lot but i'll never play live without a backup (its common sense!).

The guitar was in perfect condition when I got it (and still is!). There wer no faults, marks or any problems with it. The Pickups are adjusted not too close to the strings and not too far away either! Right in the middle!

- 24 frets - 2 Stagg Humbucker pickups - Shiny transparent black finish never gets a scratch - 1 Volume and 1 Tone controls - 3 way sector Switch (Lead,Even and Rhythm)