X300 review by Stagg

Stagg: X300

Purchased from: Northwinds Music

The sound is mental. It's clear and sweet. The guitar itself is very sensitive and perfect for finger-tapping. Unwanted harmonics are taken out when playing this beast on full gain. The guitar has a 3 way pitch lever settings of treble and rhythm. I use flanger with it on a 30 watt Marshall.

My band, Lie Forgotten, play loud, overdriven heavy nu-metal music. My guiat is usually tuned to D or C and the strings don't feel like elastic when strumming fast tremolo picked riffs. I have been playing for a year and the first guitar I had was a Fender Strat copy. It sucked! I fit got stolen, not only would I be gutted, but I'd run to the shop I bought it from and order a new one. I love the feel of the axe; I love picturing myself on a big stage after a gig proudly holding the guitar that made that crowd go wild. My favourite feature of the guitar is its sensitivity. The only thing I hate is the weight. I compared it to a Stagg SG, but I chose this because it fitted me perfectly. The only thing I wish it had was a hot lady to come with it!

This guitar has been with me on 2 gigs in which the only back-up guitar I needed was a guitar tuned Higher. The strap buttons are solid and my strap has never come off unless I have taken it off. All the hardwhere seems like it will last cause it has lasted! The finish hasn't wore off but, it does collect fingerprints and grease marks easily and they don't come out so easy!

The guitar has a built through neck. Everything seems like it was built by a god. Everything is perfectly set out and in place. The only flaw in the guitar was a wobbly pickup.

This guitar was made in 2000 when the old version of the guitar needed updating. It was made in japan and it has 22 frets. It has a thin neck which feels like you are holding a guitar; not a baseball bat. It has standard sized frets and is highly sensitive. It has a solid top and has quality alder body and neck woods. It has a grey flamed top finish and has the body shape of a Les Paul. Isn't string-thru and has a solid built-in bridge. Has active electronics and 2 volume and tone controls for both double coil-pickups.