X300 review by Stagg

Stagg: X300

Purchased from: Tonika Music

The site of the store I bought it at said it was a X300 Metal, and it really honors the name. Although I use a Ultra Distortion and a Metal Zone pedal, it also sounds vey good without effects, even though my 40 watt amp ain't to good. I have unearthed sockets, so there is some noise with 1 pedal on, and when I have both on it's hell, but that can be my amp too. No effects = no unwanted noise, even on high volume. Now as I said it has a very metal like sound, but with some adjustments on either your amp or effects, it has a lot of variety, more than my cheap Stratocaster. And it doesnt have the weird high tones on the 3, 2 and 1 snare.

It's more metal than a Flying V if you ask me, but also because of the diversity of sounds its a great match. I have been playing for 21 months now, practicing every single day, and it outstands my other guitars. It's a shame I didn't get a tremelo now I'm into music with riff that go beyond the curving ability of some of my fingers, but I could get one later. If it were stolen (exuse me if this offends anyone) I would hunt the thief down and tear him lid from lid, and whipe his name out of exsistance. I was at the store and saw a damaged Flying V, 20 euros less, yet, I liked the X300 over the V, only thing I can compare it with is are the Explorers and V's, but I'll leave the choise up to you. If I would have had the money for a LEs PAul or Explorer, then I'd go for those, but this has the best quality/price ratio of all guitars I've played.

This guitar will suit live performances, and it's almost like it won't get damaged, even though you can see the marings of your fingers on the body and rear side of the neck, ya can whipe 'em off cant ya? I can't say much on the hardware, but it hasn't given any problems (the day I bought it, it was pouring, luckaly I had a fast bicycle and a waterproof bag). I've played this guitar every day for 2 months now, so id be suprised if it would ever break down on a gig. As said before, it just won't be damaged. I do notice I get cramps in my hand, but that's because the Strat has a wider neck.

The standard set up is unchanged since I've had it, and as I said before, it really honors it's name. Everything was (and is) right about this guitar. The only flaw on this (for people who ram as much on theire guitar as they can), there is no protection near the strings on the body. When you slip or something, you are most likely to get a light scratch on the body. The one I bought had 3 weird point shaped damaging at the bottom of the body. But thats something happend in the store, as well as the tremelo hook was stolen. Now, the stap buttons on are not placed as on a Strat. One is near the top-pointy thing, the other is at the bottom of the body, might take some times until you can put it on without having the srap killing you or beiing al wrapped up.

Bought as brand new 2 months ago. 24 frets, 2 humbuckers, Rosewood, mat black (according to Staggmusic. com Gothic Black). BC Rich look. 1 Volume and 1 Tone contol, 3-way selector.