7-String review by Starfire

Starfire: 7-String

Purchased from: Silver Spring Music

Well the pick ups are definitely sh-t. And the tuning machines suck too that I use with a Bugera 6262 it sounds decent with it but not good for recording pick ups are crap seriously are very bad. But the guitar can do anything with good pick ups or decent ones. Anything is better than stock. I play metal mostly so yeah have a guess I'm gonna give a 7 not for having decent pups.

For the style of music I want it will function as its supposed to be and I know I have been playing since I was 14 years old in stages and gigging with bunch of bands let me tell you this guitar it will do the job and more. I am pleased it's a 7 string that won't let you without money and just need to invest new pick ups and new tuning machines and you are good to go. Oh yeah the free cable that came with it is the worst cable I have ever had it died with just one use.

YouTube preview picture

Well I really think this guitar would do fine in a gig just need some minor tune ups and it will be ready for anything. Yes I would play without a backup overall I like the guitar it only cost me 125 USD obviously it would have some flaws but not the kinda of flaws that would make get my money back. Not fret buzz, low action, light weight, fast neck and yeah I can play in the 24 fret it is that comfortable.

This is the worst part I had to take out the pick ups rings, why? Cause the bridge pick up ring was interfering with the strings yeah it was that high but I guess I like it more now hahahaha weird (I didn't like them anyways) the action is very low if you know how to set it up. Floyd rose is licensed doesn't get out of tune much unless you really go very deep with it. Pickups suck they are horrible more than that I cannot say how bad they are you gotta hear it they are very bad. Tuning machines also bad need to put some Planet Waves or Gotoh in there and I promise you the guitar will kick a-s.

I think it was made this year (2012). No idea where was made, it has 24 jumbo frets 25.5 rosewood fretboard maple neck basswood body quilted maple top the guitar is blue, tone and volume 5 switch Licensed Floyd Rose. Bolt on construction everything that I need in a guitar.

celitus
    This review was pretty badly written...
    Tenebrion
    yeah dont have much practice at writing "reviews" im puerto rican and even in my native tongue people have problems understanding me
    Zan595
    Keep in mind guys, you're not down rating the review at the top, you're down rating the guitar. I doubt any of the people who have rated this so far have actually played this.
    badfish_lewis
    Judging by the price of the guitar and some of his comments I feel comfortable in saying this guitar is a giant heap of crap without even so much as having to look at it in person,
    Lavatain
    It sounds to me like you just don't know how to set up a guitar, if the rings were interfering with the strings. Sounds like the action was way too low. If that's you and your guitar in that video you linked, then that's my guess.
    Tenebrion
    neck pick ring was normal height bridge pick up ring was extremely high