Silhouette Series Strat Review

manufacturer: Status date: 06/20/2006 category: Electric Guitars
Status: Silhouette Series Strat
21 frets, rosewood fingerboard and thin neck, body is mahogany and neck is maple, finish is black with black pickguard, Stratocaster body style, string-thru body bridge style.
 7.2
 8.4
 2,104
review (1) 6 comments vote for this gear:
Silhouette Series Strat Reviewed by: Johnny Blade, on june 20, 2006

Features: Made during the '80s or '90s sometime, 21 frets, rosewood fingerboard and thin neck, body is mahogany and neck is maple, finish is black with black pickguard, Stratocaster body style, string-thru body bridge style, 1 volume & 2 tone controls and a 5-way selector switch, pickups look to be standard Fender pickups, non-locking Sperzel tuners, hard shell case, cable, strap and 10 watt Yamaha amp included. // 9

Sound: This was my first electric guitar. When I bought it I was playing mostly Pink Floyd and Deep Purple type music. The amp was a Yamaha GA-10. It is noisy on some of the settings. Good sound though, good for playing classic rock. Pretty good for soloing. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The setup was pretty poor. Buying it 2nd hand it had rusty strings and loose pickups and a few minor marks but this was my first electric guitar so I just wanted to get it home and plug it in. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would withstand live playing, however I do not use it for that. I hardly ever use it at all anymore. The hardware is lasting very well and the strap buttons are very solid. I don't think that there is much chance of the finish wearing off. // 9

Overall Impression: I play mostly Black Sabbath and write my own music. That is why I now buy SGs instead of playing this. I still do use this when I play Pink Floyd, Dire Straits and all that kind of music. If it were lost or stolen I don't know if I could find another one to buy, I havn't seen these anywhere. Quite rare by the looks of things. I did compare this with an Ibanez electric guitar but chose this because of the price and for getting the hard case, amp and all the accessories thrown in with it. // 9

Comments