Synapse ST-2FPA Custom review by Steinberger

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Steinberger: Synapse ST-2FPA Custom

It's o.k. for me but when I play I always have to put a new battery in (C or D) to be able to play it. I don't have any pedals but I use my several amps. When it works it has a great sound but it is very weak sounding without it. Since it has the 5 way you think the sounds would make a major change...not.

I play many different types of music though it's o.k. but I'd get a Ibanez than this. I've been playing since I was 4 (yes 4 years old) and I'm 14 now. I own in all: a Steinberger guitar, a Fender(acoustic)guitar, Fender(electric)guitar, Epiphone bass guitar, 2 pearl drum sets, 2 microphones, 2 ocarinas, 3 recorders(flute), an recorder, 2 tuners, 1 capo, a flip camera, and 3 amps. I have to say I love it as a gift. I hate the fact it's small and the features aren't the best. But I like the guitar. I wish it was better in sound and in features, maybe a whammy bar.

I don't think this would be great for the stage since I don't know where to put my other half of my strap. I think It's good for sitting use and home use. I'd use it for that. It is strong no need that.

Not much to say it is put together nicely except the fact their should be more sounds from the 5 way and the fact the tone head fell off ( well the cap.)

It was made in Korea. It has about 22 frets and its thin neck made of Maple-wood with a solid top. The neck is made of Maple-wood as well. It was finished with a Satin top. It is a Steinberger so it's body is that way with a steiberger bridge. It has the basic controls 1 volume and tone with a 5 way selector. It has an EMG pickup. Non-locking tuners from steiberger. I got it from a friend and it came with a gig bag and case.

Traveling
    Good, accurate review. I find it hard to believe how much flack the comments have thrown; but one thing that seems to be overlooked by SO MANY people here is the Function . I travel for work (I mean, I'm away from home and in hotels non-stop)... While so many here seem to bring up Ibanez, Strats, Gibsons... hell, you could name dozens; but the real issue for me with this guitar is the design allows me to carry it around everywhere, EASILY! Comparing this style of head and body ANY traditional style (in terms of the "look" or physicality) is ridiculous. If you don't like, "the look of it" don't buy it; but if you are looking for a quality, "small and portable" guitar, you MUST look at Steinberger and/or Hohner for this particular "style". No offense; but there are millions of ways to adjust the "sound", I haven't found any lacking of quality sound, depth or breath with the ST-2FPA Custom; in fact I've found it to have more depth in almost every definable sound characteristic. Don't knock it until you've tried it and spent some time getting to know, understand and love it. I suggest anyone wanting to provide a review on looks or style should carry their Strat around with them everywhere for a month (along with all of your other stuff, groceries, etc..) This baby will look a HELL of a lot more appealing to you after that! Once you get used to the neck and body handling characteristics, the balance (both seated and standing) and the full Baritone features, well... you know. I own two Yamaha acoustics, a Les Paul, 68 Strat, Hohner G3T Custom, Martin... The G3T is my mainstay in that I drag it with me everywhere. I personally love how it lays (seated) and I think Steinberger has been improving the balance and styling (comfort) with every new model and the ST-2FPA Custom demonstrates the next evolution of this style. This model introduces a lot of cool new features as mentioned in the excellent review and I didn't realize the issue with the Fret markers and was really glad to see that in a review (not mentioned in any others I found) before trying to get one. Why this guitar would work for me? I can get over the physical issues discussed here and after finally getting my hands on one, wanted to point out that the sound is just fantastic. I've swapped back and forth between various brands to compare sounds and I'd have to say it reminds me very much of the Fretlight in terms of the Strat comparison side, and I am really having fun with full Baritone. Thanks for the review. It served as both informative and helpful.
    Rich500
    Thank you for everyone who did not yell at me People who did "curse at me" I'm only 13 years old
    Boonnoo666
    I don't care about the looks of the guitar, but in terms of features it's bloody awesome. Will buy!