Oscar-IV Signature review by Switch

Switch: Oscar-IV Signature

Purchased from: Music 123

I play hard rock like Finger Eleven, Chevelle, or 12 Stones. This guitar holds up on sound like it was made for this. I usually use Drop C tuning, and it holds up with out getting the buzz from strong vibration of a low string. With a DigiTech Grunge pedal, the sustain is sweet. It's the best sustain I've ever heard. Play it with any type of music you like.

Their website is www.switchmusic.com. Best guitar to get if your limited on a budget. Any music you want to play, its right. Customer service is the best you'll ever talk to. They are helpful for anything. And they are coming out with a new catalog with new cool blue and stinger humbucker pickups. Their catalog can be reached at http://www.switchmusic.com/pdfs/switch_guitar_catalog.pdf. My color is discontinued now. So if your gonna buy something, buy this.

I've never played this live, but it withstands strong temperature changes. It will not bend with humidity like weak wood. This will last you anywhere and anytime as long as you don't burn it or smash it.

This guitar came perfect in the box. Perfect action for easy barchords and great for soloing. Nothing else except for one chip of paint by the nut. Greatest color of all, orange burst!

This guitar is actually made in China. Built with not wood, but Vibracell (which is a polyurethane substance, much like hard rubber). 22 frets, with the fretboard made of ebonite, an alternative to actually ebony. The frets have pearl and abalone inlays. The entire guitar is made of one piece. I am not aware of the finish, but most likely satin. It is designed like a Gibson Les Paul with a Tune-O-Matic bridge. The 2 humbucker pickups are designed by Switch, the manufacturer, and these pickups are slick. Clean with no excess distortion. 4 knobs - 2 tone 2 volume. Also a 3-way pickup selecter. All gold hardware and the tuners are grover. When I bought it it came with a gig bag and a strap.

Nealio
    Gentlemen and ladies, I just have to tell you...if you can find these, BUY ONE! Buy two, they're cheap...but they're HARDLY "cheap." I have a wildly-colored canary yellow-day glo orange model, and it plays so damned well that I cannot believe I can get such great tones with such an inexpensive guitar! The quality of work fairly much boils down to about three things: humbuckers, tuners and neck. Each of these is spectacularly produced. The hums are lively, well-rounded/balanced and produced by the manufacturer. The tuners are Grover...'nuff said. And the neck...wow. It's a set neck, with high quality rosewood fretboard, excellently finished medium-jumbo frets, and cosmetically appealing due to the finely-crafted mother-of-pearl and abalone inlays. That feature alone drives up the price of a guitar up by at least $100. I really enjoy playing this guitar, which I purchased for $150. The flexibility of this LP style guitar jumps out at you as you flip the toggle, try country licks, jazz, blues, hard rock licks. Truly amazing. I'd give this guitar a 9.5 out of a possible 10. Value, plain and simple.