Wild-I Vibracell review by Switch

Switch: Wild-I Vibracell

Purchased from: Media Play

Smooth single coil, however, it is a bit niosy.. roll off the tone a bit to get a nice clean bite. The neck kinda sound like a Rock maple with the smoothness and sustain of Real ebony, wow. I love this neck. Fret work is extremely impressive for such a cheap guitar. 24.75 scale, 22 frets. Perfect. The yells at you! How fast do you want to go today, it will handle all you can dish out. Open chording sound crsip and bright. I love that when I'm not plugged in.

Absolutely incredible guitar bargain on the web, or anywhere at the moment. Get one now for under $200 You cannot go wrong. Like the guy said, the girls in the front row could care less about what guitar you play, as long as she likes what you play. I will be getting as many as I can before the people figure out they can sell these for way more. Matter of fact I'm off the the store later to see if any are left, cuase I'm getting thise too before they are gone. I'll put my own knobs on it. Thanks you! I'd stay away from the Wild IV with the rosewood necks, they do not seem quite as good as the ebonite signature models. Once you play this neck setup correctly, you'll know what I mean. I'd easily pay $250 + for this guitar if I had too. This one did not have a case, just a Switch Box with graphics on it. Big Deal, just be careful until you get the right case or gig bag.

So far so good. Can't say anything yet. It works flawlessly. The other point of interest, is the pots, they do seem a bit weak, however, when in HB mode they are as quiet as my Prototype Schecter C1+. They are easy to replace if needed. Heat, cold, no adjustments = great freaking mother of God! Way cool!

For $119, I've never seen anything as good. Please note, while you are looking at these, make sure that the guitar you purchase has no skewed frets as I noticed the display model has a twisted 1st fret, could have been from monkeys playing with it? Other than, that. It extremely nice to hold and the everything works. It also comes with a lifetime manufactures warranty against defects and failure. Oh, I did notice that mine showed a slight paint bubble on the back, probably due to primer not sprayed right. Will see how it holds up. No fret ouchies, or binding. Plastic nut, will keep my eye on it. The other thing I noticed is the the neck was slighly tilted from low to high, it's wierd, but once I adjusted the bridge, you cannot tell. If you sight the guitar down the lenght of the neck from the bridge, you'll see what I mean. This may be a normall molding process? Either way, I love the action, smooth does not describe how good the ebonite can be, once adjusted properly.

If you are looking at this review, and are considering a Switch, you can trust this one. I had been looking at many guitars over the past few months, and came accross this one, a Wild-I with a single HB, and a great looking 3 color flame top, black, red, yellow in that order. I cannot seem to find this particular model anymore on the web? However, this is a nice guitar, like the first post, I too was hesitant, but after I took it home, adjusted the tension and bridge, Man O Man, does this axe like to talk. I am a semi Pro level player who has many years playing, as well as my own Pro level recording studio. I also have other nice guitars as well, Shecter C1+ Prototype! I have not put the Switch Down yet! that's how good this is. I was going to purchase a New PRS CE Custom, also a very nice "cheap" guitar, but after I did some research, and saw this one at a Media Play "Going Out Of Business" sale, I jumped sight unseen. I was not expecting much, but Man this thing just keeps On Impressing me everytime I pick it up, the balance and weight is spot on. I initially was going to throw in my Dimarzio Fred, but I'm not so sure now. It's made in China, like 90% of all new lower cost axes, so what? Who cares. The other guitar I was considering cost almost a grand! and I'm not looking back. One volume, one tone, one coil tap, done. The ebonite fingerboard is simply amazing for this guitar and the cost. While not quite as dark sounding as real ebony, I'll take it! Grover tuners, Great fake dot pearl inlays. I just cannot stress enough, if you are on a strict budget, find a Media Play and get today. I think these normally sell for $349 or so. Even at that price, it simply rules.