Custom Handmade Vintage Series Stratocaster review by SX

SX: Custom Handmade Vintage Series Stratocaster

Price paid: A$ 200

Purchased from: local dealer

This guitar can really do anything from blues to metal it will do nicely. But it is really a blues guitar and when I play blues like Santana and Eric Clapton I really LOVE the tone that this thing gives out. With a od pedal and a amp that sounds really nice on its overdrive channel.

Like I said I play blues to metal and anything in between and this thing can nail it. I have a Vox Vt 40+ (tube edition), Bad Monkey Tube OD, DigiTech RP 90, Vox Classic Wah (you can tell I'm addicted to Vintage gear). I have benn playing it for 2 years and hasn't changed a bit and I still love it and sometimes even use it over my Ibanez RG 170 DX. I can't hate anything bout this guitar it really is a amazing guitar to play the feel of it and the tone. But my favourite feature must be the neck pick up. Too compare it to a actuall Fender Strat it craps all over it. I would like the Bridge to be a bit more lose so if your looking for a Strat you can whammy the crap out of it this one isnt really recomended but I would recomend this guitar too any one of any style so if you can find it buy (really cheap) and check it out deffently a great guitar.

I have had it and been playing it for years and when I got it, it was a thrid hand guiar BUT it looks brand new! But I reall does depend on how much you use it and how you take care of it.

Not quite sure. But SX is known for NON flimsy guitars that are made more cheaper. BUT THIS DOES NOT MEAN IT IS A BAD GUITAR and for the reveiw I need to type in more characters so random stuff.

The year and the date of the make of this guitar is unknowen but I can tell you that its manufactured in Spain. It has 22 1/2 frets. The fretboard it rosewood and the neck is maple with a clear goldy brown finish giving it that old and Vintage look. I'm pretty sure that the body is maple aswell. This is a limited Edition guitar so it is hard to find the specs and what the pickups are but I can tell you what they're like. The machine heads and Bridge are re issues of the old ones that Fender used in the 60's and 70's but still keaps in tune.the pickups are passive single coils but have OUTSTANDING tone. In my opinion I would buy this Strat intsted of a 1500 dollar Fender strat. The neck pickup brings smooth phat lead tone with the feel of a 70's humbucker. The middle pick-up is really nice for clean tone and has a real nice respone with something like a tweed combo or some kind of Fender amp. It comes with a five way selector two tone knobs and one volume. The make and model of the pickups are unknowen but all three are single coils with the typical Fender Strat set up. The machine heads are again Vintage machine heads like what they used on the strats in the 70s. In the Bridge it does come with a holl for your tremolo bar/whammy bar. For the price that this guitar is priced at your getting big value for money and in my opinion its better then your normal official Fender Strat.