Custom Handmade Vintage Series Thinline Telecaster review by SX

SX: Custom Handmade Vintage Series Thinline Telecaster

Purchased from: Ebay

THIS TELE TWANGS! This cheap 100 (about $160) has more twang than a real Telecaster! It is at home anywhere from country to hendrix! Put to much distortion through and it squeaks though. I'm running it through an Electro Harmonix fuzz pedal and a DigiTech hothead distortion into a 1969 Marshall master lead combo (100watt) although it squeaks turn the tone down slightly and you get a beautiful fuzzy distortion suitable for Bon Jovi, hendrix tone. You can get a relativly good Muse tone out of it aswell. The stock pickups I was going to change but they sound nice for cheap pickups. The rythum pickup is routed for a humbucker too so you can fit one if you wish. It dosent suit my musical tastes (A7X, Bullet, GNR, etc) but it is nice for playing mainstream songs occasionly. My LP is hot rodded for metal so dosent suit mainstream music. The only downside to the sound of this guitar is it is very noisy with heavy distortion.

I have been playing guitar for 2yrs and bass for 3. I have my 1969 Marshall 100watt, various pedals, a heavily modified Les Paul and several Basses. I could have asked lots of questions when I bought it but for under 100 it was a great bargain:D if it was stolen or lost I wouldn't buy it again, I'd save up for a real Fender '72 thinline (double humbuckers and vibrato) or a HSS fat Strat. It is a nice guitar and looks great. My favourite feature is either its looks or the resonance you get from the semi hollow body and rythum pickup.:) I compared this to the Squier Strat (cheapest) and LAG jet (very nice lightweight) but I bought this on impuse for its looks:) I wish this guitar has a block under the bridge for a bigsby:D and a new neck.

Despite its bad set-up it is a very durable instrument, IF you are careful. The slightest knock takes it out of tune and the top is thin wood. Unfortunatly the awful neck is held on extremally well:P but apart from the tuning issue it is very durable and can be relied on, I have gigged with this and it held up well, makes a better rythem guitar than a lead however.

The action was quite good for the bad neck, although the neck was bad the truss rod was set almost perfectly for my tastes. The tuners were alighed well the top nut is weak and small made of cheap plastic, the pickups were sit properly and the bridge dosent move about. The pickup switcher was loose and kept falling into the body which is hollow, that was annoying. Very bad out of the box but since it was an ebay buy I'm not complaining much.

I bought this guitar summer 2009, made in China, I have no idea when it was made probably after 2006. 21 frets (jumbo) on a maple neck which is fat, I have bass necks thinner! The neck was rough and needed some TLC ut of the box. Semi-hollow body with 'F' holes and pearloid scratchplate (3 tier) it has 1 volume control, 1 tone and a pickup selecter. 2 single coil pickups bridge covered in chrome (like a tele). The body is in the style of the Fender Thinline Telecaster 1969. The scratchplate does not fit well around the bridge at all, can be fixed with a small incision though. Real Ash body finished in flamed maple. It only comes in 2 colours I think, sunburst and natural I have the natural. Tele style bridge with through body strings non locking cheap tuners, could do with replacements. No included accesories (ebay buy). Overall it looks nice but on closer inspection there are rough edges etc, 2hrs of TLC sorts most problems though. Other reviews on the internet are really good so I think my model was a last thing friday job or a one of bad egg.

8000man
    ZaÐ
    8000man wrote: SX is a great guitar even though its cheap. Im planning to get a white SX telecaster soon.
    Nice!mi friend got a thinline a week ago,it sounds incredibly for that price,really awesome
    clearfin
    nJust so you guys know this version doesn't exist anymore the new one is much better(sx furrian H/3ts/Semi-Hollow www.rondomusic.com