EG4K review by SX

SX: EG4K

Purchased from: Local Guitar Shop

It suits my music style perfectly, I play mainly metal, rock, and a bit of jazz. I plugged it in a Line-6 Spyder 3 amp, with the metal settings on, and this guitar blowed my mind away. It is silent even on high gain settings, pretty good for the price! It can take up harmonics pretty well, and theres a lot of variety.

I play mostly metal, and this guitar is the right guitar for me, I have been playing for only 2 years, I have a SX EG4k(this Guitar) Fender Squier Strat, SX 10 watt practice amp, and a Line 6 Spyder III amp. If it was stolen or lost, I will definitely buy it again! So cheap yet so perfect! I love everything in this guitar! It just met my expectations I wish it had a Floyd Rose brige though... All in all, this is an awesome guitar for metal! I'm thinking of changing the pickups to a Seymour Duncan JBS pickup though. Great and awesome guitar!

This guitar will definitely withstand live playing. I uised this guitar at all my gigs, and there is this oine gig where I dropped it to the ground, it still works with no damage! The hardware (except the tuners) will last, but my pickups and the screws around them are rusty, if you have any suggestions on how to remove and prevent it from rusting, do comment. Strap buttons are solid. Trust me, they are. I would us ethis guitar without a backup, (unlees I have to switch between tuning) The finish will definitely last, I dropped in on the floor and he finish didn't come off.

The guitar was setup well at the factory, The actions are great, (suits my liking of low action), the intonation is dead on! The pickups are abit screwed inside, so I heighten for it to give more response. The top was properly bookmatched and good routed bridge! The tuners lack quality though, Ima change it soon.

This guitar is made in 2008 in China, It has 24 frets and the fretboard is made of rosewood, Thin neck and jumbo frets, It is a solid top body. Body is made of Alder, Maple neck, Rosewood fretboard. It has a double cutaway style body. It has a Vintage Bridge with trem. It has passive electronics, 5 way switch, 1 tone, 1 volume knobs. Pickup configuration is H-S-H, stock pickup used. Tuners are non locking, SX brand tuners. It comes with a 10 watt practice amp, a strap, 6 picks, 10" cable, Belcat tuner, for the price I paid, its pretty decent actually.

acefecoo
    sound 10? durability 10? you got to be kidding me....this is an SX...i have one and i wouldn't give a 4 to this guitar
    Dream Floyd
    nailsarecruel
    You have to run this rating through the grain-of-salt-o'meter. An overall 9.6 guitar bought for $248 by a guy that's been playing for 2 years and opted for the butter coated finish (dropped it) should be a 6 or 7 in the guitar universe where pricey, meticulously crafted guitars exist. This is a value for money, jack of all trades guitar. No need to rage about these things.
    Darkkon
    People tend to be so anti-all10hate because 'it's good for it's price range'. Truth is, that's bollucks, and this guitar should not be rated so highly.
    ZGillepsie
    Had this guitar before. Loved the tone that this guitar could provide for hard rock/heavy metal. However, the tone and volume knobs were not smooth, and i hated the tuners.
    LeakyFlask
    Alright if it's relative to the price, but if it's "pretty good for the price" it shouldn't be a 10. "Best sounding guitar I've ever heard in this price range" might be a 10. Not pretty good.
    Joe-Floyd-lover
    Dream Floyd wrote: - 9.6 for an SX guitar. - Played through a Line 6 Spyder 3 it 'blowed my mind away' All in all a very credible review.
    Hahahahaha +1000, Agile > SX for "Bang for your buck" value..
    clearfin
    sx's are great, with a bit of tweaking and swapping the pickups (for cheaper ones) you will have an awesome guitar pm me for more information about www.rondomusic.com