EG4K review by SX

• Reviewer's score: 6.4 Neat
SX: EG4K

Purchased from: A random store in Malaysia

Well I have no specification for genres. Variety to be exact. The amp that it came with sucks big time. Its noisy and muddy sounding. But when you play the guitar with a headphone it doesn't sound that bad. To be honest the pickups aren't that good. The bridge humbucker is really thin. And a lil bit noisy too. Neck humbucker sounds good but harmonics doesn't sound good enough. And the single coil on the middle doesn't have any gain and very low volume compared to other two pickups. But clean tone sounds really good when you put the switch on 2nd position. I played it with a Zoom G1J, an effect pedal for amateurs. This guitar has lots of variety but to be precise it would create an expectation less then average for all sorts of music.

Over all this guitar is best over this price range. When you buy a guitar that costs $180 and comes with an amp you know its a piece of crap but honestly this guitar sounds way better then any other guitar you would buy with that price. I wouldn't buy again the same thing if it was stolen but I'm thinking of changing the pickups with DiMarzio PAF Pro for neck, P90 for single coil and CrunchLab for the bridge. Then for sure I'm gona kill the guy who would steal it from me. I wouldn't choose this guitar over other only for the price. No other intentions. But once I complete the mod I believe it sound good.

This guitar is definitely durable and it will surely last a long time although the pickups might get fuzzier with time. It would surely withstand live playing but not if wanna play it live. It's pretty heavy. 7lbs to b precise. I dropped it once and it didn't have any dent on the alder. So no doubt about durability.

The allignments were a lil high. So I had to fix the allignment. And frets at about 21 - 24 on all the strings except 1st and 2nd strings sounds buzzy. I can't fix that with any luck or anything. Everything else is just fine. Bridge and pickups were fitted properly and tuners were fine too.

It was made in china. Has 24 jumbo frets. Fretboard is made of rosewood. Solid top alder finish. Bridge is Vintage tremolo. This Strat shaped guitar is equipped with 3 passive pickups with HSH configuration thus having 5 way pickup switch. Has one tone knob and one volume knob. Regular non locking tuners. Since this was a package it came with an SX amp, soft gig bag, strap, cables and some pick.