Furrian Telecaster Clone review by SX

• Reviewer's score: 6.2 Neat
SX: Furrian Telecaster Clone

Purchased from: Rondo Music

My Furrian is left handed. Doesn't say what year. It has 21 frets. The neck is a one piece maple neck with maple finger board. The drawback for me is that the neck is one piece and the trussrod adjustment requires that the neck or pickguard has to be removed. The body is Alder. The finish is very nice, it has a poly finish? Not sure but is beautiful. The Furrian is a Tele copy. All the electronics are cheap but functional.The pick configuration is standard tele with a vintage ashtray bridge piece. Cheap but functional tuners. After a proper setup, they stay in tune surprising well.I did not get any accessories

I am usually a metal head, but I love the look and feel of Teles and Strats. I am fully aware of the musical style of a tele. I play it through a 30 watt Peavey Solid State and the neck pickup sounds good but the bridge pickup will need to be upgraded. I would put a set GFS pickups in it, but nothing high end. The three way switch crackles from each position so of course all the eletronics need to be replaced. The knobs and hardware are solid. If you like rock, country, rockabilly etc. You will love this guitar. I play it through a cheap Peavey Vypyr 30w so I get what I get. If you have a decent amp it might be different. But at this point I am going to modify it. Pickups,three way switch and nut.

It wasn't set up horribly from the factory. Needed minor adjustment and a set of new strings. I prefer Ernie Balls and put a set of 10's on it. Again the bridge pickup needs to be replaced, but you might as well change both of them. The finish is flawless on this one. But with Rondo it is kind of a crapshoot. I have an Agile AL 2000, it is beautiful but the knobs are wobbly and needed a major set up. Still for 90 bucks ( 102.00 delivered) this is worth every penny. There is nothing rusted as I keep it in a gig bag and wash my hands before I play. The saddles and bridge are solid and really do not need to be modded/upgraded.

It could definitely withstand live playing. It would need a minimum of a bridge pickup and new 3 way switch. But it could be a solid backup if you left it stock. Hardware and strap buttons are solid. After setup and new strings it stays in tune very well (again that's this one. I could order another one and it could be junk.) I got it almost a year ago and play it all the time and the finish is still impeccable. If I were gonna buy someone a first guitar, I would definitely buy this guitar for them. It's one of those instruments you buy for a beginner and if they show no interest then it didn't kill your wallet.

If you are on the fence about buying a Squier Affinity Tele or even a standard Squier Tele, I would advise checking this one out. It feels exactly like a Squier. These guitars are probably meant to be beginner guitars like an Affinity. You can beat them to death and you're not out a bunch of money if it falls apart. For the price, if it got lost or stolen you could buy another relatively cheap. This guitar is good out of the box if your a new player. I have been playing for about six years and I will probably change the pickups, the 3 way switch and the nut. If I was a beginner I wouldn't touch it. I love the finish,the knobs, the vintage Tele ashtray bridge, the tuners are decent for cheap stuff. I really dislike the bridge pickup and the 3 way. I don't wish it came with anything because I knew what I was getting.Overall it's a decent inexpensive instrument and I would recommend it more for beginners, but a novice player could have fun with it. I do

musikluver16
    Dude that looks awesome! Would you said that its worth buying, 'cause I've wanted one for some time.