GG1 STD review by SX

SX: GG1 STD

The sound of this guitar is excellent for rock (all types), blues and fusion, I utilized this guitar with a Fender 15w amp and a DigiTech Brian May Signature pedal, the sound only with a Fender amp became very clean and brilliant without effects, with overdrive the sound looks more agressive, and putting more effects the sound gets a little raw and with medium definition with original pickups.

Only changing a few aspects this guitar is excellent to me, after a 1,5 year with this model, and if I lost this model, I'll buy the same model, this guitar after some changes sound better than many Epiphone Les Paul models (inclued standard and specials models). The only this I considerer bad in this guitar is your weight, but all the aspects sounds good to me.

I can utilize this guitar with original hardware (only changing the neck pickup), it sounds very well and I didn't utilize another guitar in the shows, the durability is very good and your reliabity isn't good because the other guitar players prefers another models (Gibson, ltd, and others)

In beggining I had a problem with this guitar to find a good string for this guitar, so I tried many strings to find a solution in a hybrid 0.10/0.11 tension, which works very well to me, and after I trade the neck pickup for another pickup with better sound definition (Cabrera Edu Ardanuy pickup), this guitar became excellent for all rock and roll sound and fusion, jazz and heavy metal sounds, and this guitar is very strong and survive after many shows who I made.

I purchase this guitar in 2008 in a brazilian store in So Paulo, this guitar has 22 fret, the body and the neck are made with mahogany, and the scale finished with rosewood, the body style is a authenticaly les paul model and the bridge is a tune-o-matic, and a inclued a case. There's a 3-tone buttons and 1 control for volume, which is very normal for les paul models, but this model is too heavy (6kg's).

.QOTSA.
    The only this I considerer bad in this guitar is your weight
    Are trying to say Im fat?
    Vabolo
    Wiintruder
    LP usually has 2 vol 2 tone. Is the 9 for the sound with the new pickup or the original one?
    Hippykiller
    I just bought a lefty version of this same guitar with P-90's instead of the original humbuckers and I have to say this review has got it all wrong.. First of all there are 2 tone and 2 volume knobs, its NOT a Les Paul replica (it has a sharper point to the cut-out whereas the LP is rounded) and it is heavy but only a real wuss would complain. Mind you mine was built in the 70's (or so I have been told) but it looks a plays like a dream.
    B455GU174R
    Vabolo wrote: I can only imagine this occuring in a conversation between friends: -Hey dude, I just got an STD! -D:>
    WHAT"S and STD?
    SeanX3187
    Menzaine wrote: Cant wait for the Fender Gonorrhea to come out.
    Haha, that's some funny shit. It is pretty stupid to use that abbreviation.
    Chozodragon
    O_o arent they really important part of the sound and easiness to play of the guitar ?
    Foxlove224