SSG Standard review by SX

SX: SSG Standard

Purchased from: Local shop

Because of its mahogany body, you get very nice warm and a average to good clean sounds (it's sounds awesome with some distortion). I'm runnin' it through a Marshall Valvestate 8020 and a Zoom 505 II(please don't laugh). It's pretty much fit for anything, but I'd recommend for blues and rock in general. The only problem is the pickup config: it's too bassy, even the bridge pickup. I'd recommend putting some Seymour Duncan there and you're done with a nice mahogany guitar with some nice pickups. I'll give it a 7 'cause of it's mahogany body.

The impression you get from this guitar is that is a Gibson copy, and made very perfectly! I played both this and the Epiphone G400, and I prefer this very much. This is the only guitar I own (I've been playing for 4 years I guess). I just wish I had enough money to buy new pups. If it were stole/lost, I'd cry, because I'm too poor to buy it again, but I'd if I had the money. I'd probably hunt down the thief and torture him, after hours of torture I'd kill him and burn his body, and then after I die I will seek him in hell, well that's enough! To conclude, if you want a Gibson and lack the money or an intermediate player's guitar, just buy this and you will be happy!

After adjusting or buying new tuning pegs, it will withstand a lot of Live playing!! I have this guitar for 1 year and I never had problems with the strap buttons. The hardware, well I take very good care of my guitar ("she" is my daughter) and the hardware would still last even if I didn't take care of her. I would and I did gig without a backup, and plus you get yourself a very sexy guitar to play with! The finish looks like it'll last forever, as it doesnt't have a single scratch. It never disapointed me. With the hard case you reduce your chances of destroying your guitar from tours and gigs.

Well the finish is flawless, when you see it you think you're getting a Gibson. Very pretty guitar. Well the set-up wasn't very bad, but wasn't good either. I sent it to the luthier and then it became very confortable. Everything else was perfect, everything but one thing: the main problem of the guitar: the tuning pegs. At first, they're good, but after a time they will become loose and it will go out of tune a lot. I recommend buying new ones (buy these before buying the pickups).

It was made in 2007, in China. Mahogany body with single piece set neck(mahogany also), a fat les paul neck. Rosewood fretboard with M.O.P trapezoid inlays. It's a exactly Gibson copy, this means: SG body, tune-o-matic bridge, 2 humbuckers, 3-way switch, 2 knowbs for tone and 2 for volume (for each pickup). Vintage tuners. The most curios thing about this guitar is that it is sold with a hard case that it's identical to the Gibson one (thw one with Pink fur inside). It's very for you Who want a good guitar and with a nice case.

batiboy06
    It was made in 2001 in China
    and
    It was made in 2007
    hmmm... bizarre... where are these guys from?
    polly88
    I am thinking of getting this guitar and after these reviews I rate I should get one when i get enough money.