SST57 review by SX

SX: SST57

Price paid: € 50

Purchased from: Waltons Ireland

I play a mix of sounds, punk (like The Foxboro Hot Tubs), metal (Pantera), rock (Guns N Roses, and the more popish Muse). And loads of other bands in between. This guitar is noisy compared to my other single coil guitars, but it was pretty decent overall, shining on some of the fuzzier Muse stuff, and some Jimi Hendrix stuff. Overall, for such a low price, it sounds quite decent through most amps, cheap or expensive.

For 50 I feel as if I stole this thing. It's a great guitar in fairness to it, but it would greatly improve with better hardware (tuners, nut and Bridge especialy). If you're a beginner, I would say to avoid this guitar, as the tuning issues will stop you from playing. However, if you're experienced such as myself, and you're looking to mod. I've yet to find a better guitar to mod for cheap. If this guitar was to be stolen, and I could get another good deal on it, I would buy the same model in a heartbeat.

Here's where we find the week point. This guitar goes out of tune really quickly, especially when using the tremolo (which makes the notes sharp, as they bind to the cheap nut). The strap buttons were a decent size, but I will always put straplocks on my guitars. The finish is very durable and quite lovely. Mainly for the tuning problems, I would not use this without a backup.

This guitar came in a BEAUTIFUL condition. The two tone burst has a red tinge to is as opposed to brown. It looks stunning, and this rather unnuasual finish has become one of my favourite finishes to date on a stratocaster. The pickups, action and intonation were actualy quite good from the box, with only a little adjustment needed.

I'm not entirely sure what year it was made, but considering I'm the first owner of this new guitar, I doubt it's that old. The Body is solid Alder, Maple Neck and it has a 21 fret Maple fretboard. It has 1 volume, 2 tone controls and a 5 way selector. No included accessories as such. Just allen keys really. Considering the lack of gigbag it won; t be getting a perfect score here. But seeing as I spent pennies on this, I can't comaplin too much.

rdimacale
    My colleagues needed to fill out GA Complaint for Divorce Without Minor Children earlier this week and were informed of an online service with a lot of sample forms . If people are looking for GA Complaint for Divorce Without Minor Children too , here's https://goo.gl/CyNhaf.
    jkc661
    I got one of these as part of a trade ..cherry red , vintage series .. and out of the box unplayed. I left it aside and recently decided to see what it could do .. and it was pretty bad initially .. tuners were sloppy ,uneven frets, and the nut was catching the stings. SOooo I filed the nut down , changed the tuners , levelled and dressed the frets and while i was at it , changed the electronics to cts pots , and a Oak G /5 way switch .. I then adjusted the truss rod and put on a set of polyweb 9's .. for a pretty modest investment of my time and a some pots, solder and elbow grease I have a pretty cool guitar and i enjoy the dropped jaws when my P.O.S. cherry Sx gets cranked up. If I wanted to make someone a gift of a guitar , I'd get one of these and do a proper set up ..the action on mine is low enough i cant get a quarter under a string at the last fret .. ( my personal guideline for a quick and dirty action evaluation ) If you know what your doing these are simply fantastic value. If you dont .. spent 10 times or more on the price of a big name. Personally i dont care about the brand on the headstock .. its about the sound through the amp and how it feels to play .. My 2cents
    conorguy123
    to be I don't really know a lot about guitars but the one I got I was pretty happy with and anyway why would you buy it anyway if you know its not going to be that good?!