SST62K review by SX

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
SX: SST62K

Purchased from: Music Works

It's what you get for the price. Excellent to start with, easy to get around, playing your first chords and scales. I was impressed with the clean, the Drive sounded great when doing powerchords and fast tempo pop-punk Green Day stuff which I liked when I bought this guitar cringes but now I'm into more Led Zeppelin, Queen, Guns N' Roses now and that's when it struggles to give the sound I want. Also, the amp gives a loud buzzing on drive and it gets pretty annoying.

Overall, this guitar is a great starters guitar. It was my first guitar so it's kinda special. I'd ditch it for a Les Paul anyday though. If it were stolen/lost, I'd get what I'm saving up for now which is an Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top. I'm also saving up for a Roland Cube 60. I didn't compare it to a lot of other products when I got it, my local music store didn't have a lot of electric guitars and they were all cheap beginner ones like this one. I nevered liked Ashtons so I stayed away from them and the Peavey Raptor and Cort whatever didn't look so attractive so I chose this one. I was stupid, I know.

It's a tough guitar. Strap buttons are solid, everything is on tight. It would withstand live playing but I highly, highly, highly recommend not to. This guitar seems like it's gonna last a very long time, has no wear yet just a few dents and stratches at the back from my belt.

Finish is average. You could play this straight out of the box. Everything was on tight. Pickups adjusted well, if only they were good. I've had it for 2 years now and there's been no problem with it, well not one you can't fix easily. Just a great starter guitar.

It features dual cutaway solid alder body allows access to the highest frets. The body is contoured for hours of comfortable play. Three single coil pickups, one volume and two tone controls plus a five way pickup selector switch create all of today's great sounds. Vintage fulcrum bridge with six adjustable saddles. Truss-rod adjustable Maple neck. Rosewood fretboard, 22 jumbo frets.

wild-jetblack
    omg i hate these guitars with a passion both my mates have one and the skool owns 2 of them i hate playing with them they feel crap look crap and sound crap no offence to anyone but i hate them.
    WestPunX
    The amp's well crappy and so are the pickups, but change them and it's one heck of a guitar.
    spug2guitarist
    i had to file abit of the 8th fretwire, cuz my strings was touching it when im fretting the 7th. oh and the amplifier in the package is crap! im planning to change the bridge pickup!! yipee!
    sean_etc
    I dont exactly know if my guitar is this one because it came in a different box
    guitar351
    You mostly pay for the name on the headstock when you buy fender or gibson.
    ZaÐ
    guitar351 wrote: Za wrote: I think that at least half of the people that criticizethis kind of instrument,talks just taking a look at the name on the head,insted of trying the guitar itself...if this people would play a guitar covering eyes and not seeing what s the guitar brand,the judges would be very different..i own this package,tha amp is very cheap,but with a good amp,and different Pickups,the guitar is great for that price. You mostly pay for the name on the headstock when you buy fender or gibson.
    True,i tried many gibsons & fenders but i ve noticed that not all of them sounded good as much as their price would tell :/
    DanBourne
    my mate has one and it sounds like a metal drum!! it totally sucks sounds like shit and feel's even worse. The strings feel like fence wire and it is just a bad make!! My friend got one and he broke a few strings with frustration with it. man i almost broke the guitar in half!!! all in all it sucks Balls!!!!
    ZaÐ
    If the comments here are not that bad,maybe there's a reason....
    ZaÐ
    Then,u have to consider that the amp is overdrived distorted,so u can play classic rock orblues,but not hard rock or metal,if someone buys this kit to play such things,that s OBVIOUS he'd be disappoitned .-.