GX-200 review by Takamine

Takamine: GX-200

Purchased from: Pawn Shop

It is a very good counding guitar for hard rock metal blues and really anything along rock. I use a ustom half stack with a distortion pedal. It is not really noisy but sometimes tha amop gets a little bit noisy. It is a very rich fat bright sound. It has a pretty big variety of sounds it can make. It can make a lot of sound s but I think the amp has more to do with the kind of sounds it can make but with its humbucker pickups it sounds like a good rock guitar.

I play hard rock music. This is not my full time guitar and it doesnt't completely fill my music style. I have been playing for about 3 years. I own and Epiphone X-Plorer which I normally use and a Kustom half stack. I have a Traynoer half stack and a Traynor Pa sytem. I also have a Yamaha 4-track, I love the tone and how it looks. I hate the buzzing fret and the feel. I didn't buy it and I didn't compare it. If I lost it I wouldn't buy it again. I wish it had better feel but it's old so it isnt a big fdeal.

I wouldn't use this guitar to play live. I think it will be deone in a few years because it is already like 20 years old. The strap buttons are totally secure but I would get strap locks because I wouldn't trust dropping itI couldn't really depend on it I'd be scared tsomething would fall off and there is a buzzing fret which I don't like. The finish is one thing I like about this guitar, it is a very nice looking guitar.

The guitar was set up fairly good I've add to move the action and the bolt where the chord goes in has come undone a lot of times. The pickups were adjusted pretty well. The guitar didn't have any real flaws when I got it because I got it used so itf there was they got fixed mefore I got it.

I am not sure what year it was made all I know is it was made a long time ago. I don't know eher it was made. It has 22 frets. The would is solid. I am not sure what would it was made of but it has a vbery nice feel to it. it has a red and black sunburst. It has a double cut style to it. I have passive electronics on it. It has volume treble and bass on it. the pickups are stocke to the guitar. There are no included things to it that I know of.

Zwart
    why you hate it ? i want to know howmuch you would ask for this guitar ?
    PACJoe
    I have a Talemine GX200, have had it for over 20 years - hardly play almost brand new wondering what it woulld be worth