FST32 V-DLX review by Tanglewood

Tanglewood: FST32 V-DLX

Purchased from: BEM MUSIC

To be honest, this guitar is absolutely amazing. The pickups are almost completely noiseless, even with the distortion and gain up to the max! I play mostly rock, ( Rage Against The Machine, Audioslave, Black Sabbath ), and this guitar suits these styles of music perfectly. I love this guitar! There are many different types of sound that you can get with this guitar, and they all sound fantastic. Metal obviously is a hard sound to get with this type of guitar, but with the right effects and a bit of hard work, you can make it happen, when you do eventually get it sounding the way you want it plays like a dream! It suits nearly all styles and is easy to play. I didn't have to change anything on this guitar, everything was set up to a good Standard. Doesn't go out of tune often, and is built very well indeed.

I play mostly rock and blues, and they go together like magic! So great sounding, yet such good value. I've been playing over three years now, and I can't afford much equipment, I only have a crappy Yamaha GA-15 amp, and a DigiTech RP-350. If this were lost or stolen, I'd just simply buy it again. Its that good!

I think the guitar could easily withstand a gig, as I've already played 3 with this guitar. But its better to be safe then sorry, so I always put strap locks on just in case. The finish is very good looking, I fell in love with the guitar the moment I saw it. I think the finish will come off after a while, as it would with any Stratocaster, but if it is looked after well this shouldn't happen. The guitar doesn't really need a backup if you use it in a gig, but I'd take one just in case.

The action on this guitar is fantastic! So easy to play, but no horrible fret buzz or intonation issues. The pickups are fantastically set up, just at the correct level for any sort of player. The guitar has no faults at all!

To be honest, I really don't have a clue when it was made, I remember reading somewhere that it was made in 2008, but I'm not certain. I think that the guitar was made in China or some place like that. I wasn't able to find out the information on the guitar. These are the features that the guitar includes Maple neck. Maple fingerboard. Solid Basswood body. Nickel plated hardware. Scale length - 25" (21 frets). 3 Entwistle AS62 pickups. 5-way selector Switch. 2 x tones, 1 x volume control. The finish I got of this guitar was an alpine white, as this was the only colour that was made with the deluxe version. The body style is the same as a Standard Stratocaster, and nothing was included along with the guitar itself.

J.J.G.
    only have a crappy Yamaha GA-15 amp
    then you CAN'T evaluate sound and give it 10. cmon I'm seriously happy that you are satisfied with your purchase but if you have no method or the necessary experience to give a true and imparcial review of your equipment then dont do a review of it. I mean we are all tired of near perfect korean knock-off guitars...
    olpaj
    ShionusSkyr
    Shredy_Mc_shred
    olpaj wrote: newbie with a newly bought guitar... why not 4x 10 ? bad review, what were you comparing it to? i bet you don't know what a noiseless pickup is or low action or a good sound
    Cut the guy some slack
    ShionusSkyr wrote: haha...how many near-perfect reviews have there been? A ten basically means it can walk on water. for anything under 500$ you can't get even touch that. no, really. lol. Btw how many strat knock-off brands exactly are there? Is it really worth knocking off?
    Fender are pricey and this is probaly better than a squire.
    therevenant2811
    To be very honest with you (and dont take this personaly) this guitar makes me want to puke! I think i would get better tone out of a twig with pickups and strings on it. the single coil pickups are useless pieces of shit at the basswood body has horrible tone for my preference. to each their own i suppose.
    EpiExplorer
    6 at most. Its a strat knockoff. Theres nothing that good about them, they dont even sound that nice.. better off with an Epiphone because its just so damn easeh
    Picklelerner
    i hate it when people give things 10s, especially when you have "to be honest" about everything. i doubt that any knockoff of a guitar could really be worth anything more than a 5
    CharlieGuitar95
    Alright then, I'll take what you've all said into account and I'll review the guitar again. I've given the guitar a ten on most bits because of the price, I'm saying it's good for the price ! Thanks anyway.