FST32 V-DLX review by Tanglewood

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Tanglewood: FST32 V-DLX

I think this guitar suit's my style very well, as I play a lot of Hendrix and a Strat is needed for Hendrix. I use it with a Vox Valvetronix Amp and a DigiTech RP350. I have a few other guitars which I compared it to, such as a squire and a Fender Strat. I have a Fender Strat which I borrowed from a friend. it's definitely better than my squire copy but not as well made as a Fender as expected as it was very cheap. Pickups don't make too much noise, but there's a bit of feedback with heavy distortion, but I have a noise gate, so this isn't really a problem for me. But like I said, it's good for the price.

it's a good match for the style of music I play, but each to their own and all that crap, been playing about 2 years with a horrible squire and this is much better. I'm not saying it's amazing like I did before. I own a Vox Valvetronix Amp and a DigiTech RP350 effects pedal. If it were lost or stolen I would buy an Epiphone or a Fender as that's all I can afford, hence the reason I got this guitar, because I needed a guitar and this was recommended by some people. My favourite feature is the finish because it looks absolutely stunning. Easy to play and fun. Good for intermediates and people Who need a guitar too practice on.

I think you could take it to a gig, seems sturdy enough, I've dropped it a lot of times and nothings seemed to happen. I would recommend strap locks because I'm not sure how well it would do without them. I would take a backup just incase. Finish is my favourite part, Looks good and looks like it will hopefully last me a while.

The action was nice and low when I first got it, and easy to play. The pickups were well set up, and it was ready to play out of the box, needed new strings because they were cheap and nasty. Nothing was loose at all.

Im doing this review again because many people werent happy with the first one I did. Like I said before Im not sure when or where it was made because I wasnt provided with that information, and I couldnt seem to find it anywhere. This is what the guitar features: Maple neck. Maple fingerboard. Solid Basswood body. Nickel plated hardware. Scale length - 25" (21 frets). 3 Entwistle AS62 pickups. 5-way selector Switch. 2 x tones, 1 x volume control. The finish I got of this guitar was an alpine white, but there are a few other colours that was made with the deluxe version. The body style is the same as a Standard Stratocaster, and nothing was included along with the guitar itself. Its much higher quality than the cheaper Tanglewood Strat and easier to play.

TravuhsWree
    Man I just love reading reviews and then seeing people bicker about it because they have absolutely nothing better to do... cool guitar.
    Wulf5577
    Fender are pricey and this is probaly better than a squire.
    .... i own a squire
    CharlieGuitar95
    Wulf5577 wrote: Fender are pricey and this is probaly better than a squire. .... i own a squire
    Is your squire good?
    rv_phoenix
    One think I just don't get about Tanglewoods is: why using basswood, when you have good pickups like Entwistles? This guitar, with an alder body, would be very, but very close to a genuine Strat (like the Vintage V6, for instance). But the basswood body relegates it to Minor League, where it competes with Squiers and Ibanez's GIO series. To CharlieGuitar95 : yes, some of the Squiers are good. I reccomend you the Classic Vibe 50s and 60s, and, if you live in Europe, the Classic Vibe Artist Simon Neil. You cannot actually tell the difference between them and a cheap genuine Strat, and they are also better crafted and set-up than all Made In Mexico Fenders. But the rest of the Squier line-up is crap, and these models that I told you about are actually more expensive. If you want a good Strat on a budget, however, get the Vintage V6. It only lacks the logo. Everything else is just there.
    evileenz
    I am going to buy one of these next week for 100 pounds with a floating bridge(not floyd rose, edge or kahlar) but something like a strat tremolo bridge and floyd rose combined. It strings like a strat but floats like a floyd rose, if some one knows who makes these bridges I would be appreciative. the guitar has emg pups and sounds great.obviously not stock pups but still has that good strat sound. the neck on the guitar that I am buying reminds me of a gibson les paul neck more than any strat that I have played before without being neck heavy. Once I have the guitar for a few months I will write a review and send a picture of it to UG