Nevada FST 32 review by Tanglewood

• Reviewer's score: 4.6 Poor
Tanglewood: Nevada FST 32

Purchased from: Spectre Sound

I bought the guitar as a start out guitar, for playing stuff like Blinik 182 on, as I have progressed I now play stuff like silverstein, lost prohets, alcaline trio. To be honest once you pass the start out stage you find the limits of this guitar, although it does sound good when you get playin the rattle on the strings does not help and it's quite noticable, it sounds a little high pitch the sound is not that thick and wholesome, still its a cheap guitar and a fine one at that, if I was starting out again I would have to say I would not buy this guitar alot of the frustrations I associated with my playing were acctualy to do with the guitar.

Playing for 2 years, it does play ok for certain things but to be honest I've found it hard to match it up with a style of music it works well with consistenly, I use an Epiphone Les Paul Custom and that's much better but that cost much more, if it got stolen I would not buy it again, my brother who started at the same time bought a Yamaha at the same time as me and I thought that was a much better guitar, his only cost a little more too I wish I would have gone that little extra to Start out with.

Nope it would not withstand live playin, the hardware would soon wear out and I could not trust it when playin live, let's put it this way if I did id always have a backup, the finish I would have to say seems good, I dont think it would wear but let's face it its not a three coat laquer is it, live playin would soon have it showin wear!

The bridge was well out it needed reseting, the intonation was well out that needed setting too, I have tweaked the truss rod too to lower buzz and it has worked to some extent, to be honest I did not think the guitar was setup well at all. The strings were not so good either get some ernie ball's on it.

No doubt it was made in china when I have no idea but I bought it in 2004 it has 21 frets, it's Rosewood with Bass wood main body and a laminated top with a nice finish in sunburst, Strat in style with a typical Strat tremelo bridge which I must admit I think hinders its sound quality, I think a fixed bridge would be better for a cheaper guitar like this. Three fairly basic single pickups are included so they have included a 5-way selector with two tone and a volume controls but they dont seem to affect on the tone as much as I would have liked, the tuners are very basic although not bad in design they lock sometimes causing string snaps and a little difficulty in tuning but in general they are quite good.