Nevada FST 32 review by Tanglewood

• Reviewer's score: 6.8 Neat
Tanglewood: Nevada FST 32

Purchased from: Woods-Huddersfield-England

I do all types of music, it is great for heavy stuff, not so good for sad songs, good for punk and pop-rock (Beatles, Green Day ect). As I said I am using a Marshall amp but when I am recording but not playing at the start it gives a hum and it is very annoying. I am currently finding a really good effect pedal (anyone that reads this please give some surgestions for pedals). It is rather quiet, on overdrive and full gain it has such a heavy sound, I think it is great, but it does sound flat on clean and I would rather it be rich so I am also looking for new guitar (if youn read can you give surgesstions for guitars that are not Flying V's because my mate had diffuculties holding his up). It is very varietied.

I have said I play everythng, I have been playing it for about 2 years now, I would have asked about the screws being tight, guitar being in tune, bridge make and the other bridges able to be fitted and the neck. I would not buy it ever if I knew it was this bad, I would buy a Zakk Wylde guitar. I hate pretty much everything about it. I dont compare it as it would always loose. I wish it had a floyd rose bridge, a neck like Dimebags did, a better tremlo bar, bigger frets and many other things like a more reliable body and fittings.

I think that it would not be advisable for live playing, the hardware does not look like it will last long, strap buttons have fallen out twice when I was playing in pubs, I would need backups for a concert but I can rely on it for pubs but when I get a decent guitar that will all change, and the guitar will not last long and I think it will wear out to easily after I play on it for another year.

The set-up was not impressive, after I baught it I had to tighten every screw and 1 botl, the strings were not in tune and I got no manual for using it as I was a sterter and I had no idea of anything. The fretwire was not well filed so I had it done by an expert, the wood was dirty and I gave it a proper clean, pegs loose as f--k, pickup selector gave ratteling sounds, controls very loose but it was all fixed when I got it by a guitar repair shop. I would not advise anyone to buy it without testing to see the screws and fittings.

I am not quite sure of where it was made or when to be honest but I amjust starting out so I haven't any good ideas for good guitars but it does what I need it for. It has 21 frets and the frets are not fat or small but the neck is pretty thin. No laminated top. I have done a bit of work to my guitar so I think it has a mahogany neck bit it came as Maple to my knowlege. It is a Strat style body and the bridge is chrome string-thru-body bridge. Dunno about the active or passive electronics. There are the volume, bass, treble, and 3-way switch. My finish is blue fades with black strikes through it. I have a white scratch board. I got a gig bag, a dtrap, lead and a starter amp but I now have a Marshall amp.

wilmearz
    i used this gitar for 2 years and for the price its ok bt once u try and do solos it sounds awful!!!!!
    Metallica224
    My mate has this guitar and it seems to like it but when i palyed it i found it awful and from what i have seen it isn't exactly good quality. He is now saving up for an epiphone les paul.
    johnsy2004
    I wish I'd asked more about the tone settings as they don't do much to the sound of my model
    ive got this guitar and u r supposed to either use overdrive or harmonic clipper or turn guitar volume up with the tone of your choice to see the difference in sound ive had this guitar for about 6 months and i fond it great for all types of music... if u want a great beginners guitar get this 1!!!!!