Nevada FST 32 review by Tanglewood

Tanglewood: Nevada FST 32

Purchased from: Belfast Music Supplies

When I was first starting out playing guitar I was playing Led Zep, Metallica and Green Day among many others. Now after having this guitar for a year I have on to more complicated stuff e.g.: Muse, Guns N' Roses, Lynyrd Skynyrd etc. I think I prefered the guitar when I was playing simpler stuff. Sounds quite good when played through my DigiTech effects pedal but sounds quite boring and limited without. It's good for metal but doesn't cut it when it comes to solos.

It is a decent enough match to the stuff I play but not perfect. If it were stolen I would probably buy a Squier Strat or Tele. The other possibility would be a Yamaha Pacific. It is a brilliant beginners guitar and the pack I got had great value for money. But if you are a serious guitarist then look elsewhere. Decent enough guitar.

I'm hopefully doing a gig in Feb and I am confident that it would be able to withstand it. I am using it as a backup though because I am getting a Epiphone Les Paul 100 in a couple of weeks. It is quite dependable but would probably break in some form after years of solid playing.

Because this is my first guitar, I have not yet made any changes to it. No visible flaws then or now on the guitar itself. The strap I got with it was a bit rubbish as it broke after a couple of months. I bought a new strap 8 months ago and have had no further problems.

This guitar was made in Japan and has been put together quite well. 21 frets. Strat style body and neck. My finish was just the black and white Fender style. With it you one volume knob and two tone knobs, plus a 3-way pickup selector. With it I got a very good Hiwatt practice amp, I think it is the Spitfire model, plus a gig bag and cable. Would have been nice if they had thrown in a tuner as this is my first guitar.