Nevada FST 32 review by Tanglewood

Tanglewood: Nevada FST 32

Price paid: € 150

It has a brilliant clean sound and sounds equally as good with the distortion on. If your looking for something to play heavy metal with then this isnt the guitar for you it's fine for the less heavy stuff though. I use this through a 15watt Hiwatt amp (bad amp). I play a bit of everything and it's great for almost anything. What I said about heavy metal could be sorted out by getting a good amp (mine's a dissaster).

If it were stolen I would go for something better, but I'll definately miss it. Best guitar I've seen for it's price range, better than the more popular Yamaha Pacifica 012, even costs less, it's very underrated. Definately worth getting as your first guitar or as a backup. This one of the begginer guitars and really cheap.

I think the guitar would easily with stand being played Live and it very rarely seems to go out of tune. The hardware seems very good none of it seems like it would fall off. The guitars had a few knocks and the finish still looks like new. I would happily use the guitar to gig with it's very dependable.

It was well set up, although it could be that the shop I got it from tweaked it a bit, nothing was loose, all well adjusted, one fret buzzes slightly sometimes on the 6th string but that's pretty much it. The finish lasted me so far and it's had a few knocks, everything is well screwed on and so far I've had no problems with it.

Features a lightweight solid Poplar body with hard maple neck (this paticular guitar neck was made with a brilliant piece of wood with really nice markings) and includes all the usual Strat style features including 3 pickups with 5-way selector switch, overall volume control and 2 tone controls for the neck and middle pickups giving a great variety of sounds, built in floating tremelo, recessed jack socket, contured body for comfort, enclosed machine heads, adjustable neck truss rod. Finish is a dark blue body with a white scratchplate. mine came in a set with a Hiwatt spitfire amp, a gigbag (which is a terrible one)and some small extras (like picks and a DVD).