Nevada FST 32 review by Tanglewood

• Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Tanglewood: Nevada FST 32

Purchased from: Intersound

I play some Indie, and Killers and Kings Of Leon. Bridge pickup is really icy, maybe just with my amp though, neck pickup doesnt really have any depth. Sounds best with Lynyrd Skynrd for me, neck fast enough for sweet child o mine ecetra, not for metal. Like other comments it really can't handle fast leads, just not in the price range to do so. Its much better than my mates Yamaha pacifica.

Its a really good beginners guitat and excellent value, does what i need it to. But im am saving up for a Vintage, Washburn or hopefully PRS SE. Wish i got it in tobacco sunburst, no other real regrets. Will hopefull sound better when i get a new amp, my Hiwatt spitfire is truly awful.

Won't stand Live i don't think. Pickups seem to be okay, and the strap buttons do a great job, of doing nothing. No problems with those. Finish seems like it wouldn't hold up to gigs, so if I was good enough i wouldn't rely on it at gigs. I would definately recommend buying a new strap, the one that comes with it stretches really easily.

Neck needs adjusting after 10 months, string bends choke occasionally. Everything else has held out, doesnt dent easily, no big scratches. I don't gig so can't really judge. There are no obvious flaws, neck is a little sticky. The action was poor from the factory, but the shop guy set it up witha low action perfect for my inexperienced paws.

Chinese made beginner electric, my first and only guitar so not really in a position to compare with others. Maple neck, I got mine in cherry sunburst which I'm regretting, it's much more Orange thatn cherry sunburst. It's a basic Strat copy, with a trem that does it's job, not brilliantly. Volume and two tones knobs, 5 way selector.