Rock III Cross review by Tanglewood

Tanglewood: Rock III Cross

Purchased from: Hardy Smiths Music

Suits most styles in how it plays, but its looks kind of limit it a little. Would be great for metal, hard rock, metalcore etc, which is what I play, so it's perfect for me. I still personally prefer my Dean Baby Z, but this guitar comes close. Using it thru a Line 6 Spider II 112, chained with a Dunlop Crybaby and a DigiTech Grunge Distortion pedal. The guitar can get almost any sound, very versatile. Noisy at high volumes, but that could just be my amp. Full, bright sound on bridge pickup, warm clean tonesand bluesy stuff at neck, everything in between.

A good match for the styles I play (which is basically everything). Been playing a few years, love this guitar and my Dean. If it was stolen or lost, I would kill to get it back, and if I couldn't get it back I'd definately buy another. I think I must be one of the first in the UK to own one of these guitars, which is awesome. My favourite feature is the inlays and design on the body. I recommend that if you see one of these guitars, at least try it out. You might just like it.

This guitar will survive a bomb, it's really well made. The hardware looks and feels sturdy enough, and the strap buttoms ain't going nowhere. I would use it without a backup, but I always have a backup anyway, regardless. Finish seems really hard wearing, really thick and built to last.

The action was awesome, fitted with gauge 9's, I prefer 10's but I can always change the strings. Surprisingly fast action for a Tanglewood, I expected to be disappointed, but was pleasantly surprised. No problems or flaws.

Ok, awesome looking guitar that plays as good as it looks, and it sounds awesome too. Not sure where it was made, but I'm pretty sure it's a 2005(6) model, since they're not even out yet according to Tanglewood's website. 24 jumbo frets, rosewood fingerboard with mother of pearl iron cross inlays. Has a Fulcrum tremolo system, and 3 Entwistle Darkstar humbuckers. It's a Superstrat style body with an iron cross design on it, matt black finish. String-thru body Fulcrum tremolo system bridge. 5-way selector, 1 volume, 1 tone.

Down
    That's a sweet lookin guitar. I've never heard of Tanglewood before though.
    LomaxC
    I have one of these, and I bloody love it. I really think that this guitar was the best investment I have ever made and would recommend it to anyone.
    rv_phoenix
    This SuperStrat style guitar is made in basswood, however, unlike any other decent SuperStrat guitar... It's made in China, it has bad hardware and interesting Entwistle pickups. We can only reccomand it to people who strumm a guitar from time to time, instead of drinking or watching football. It can't be used for serious playing and, because of the low quality wood, it can't be modified.