TSB 58 Signature review by Tanglewood

Tanglewood: TSB 58 Signature

Price paid: € 299

Purchased from: musicdedi.si

I am a proud owner of this guitar for 3 years now, and I can tell you a thing or two about its sound. Some people say it hasn't as HOT humbuckers as Gibsons, but this isn't a Gibson guitar. Although it does classic Les Paul rock sounds, it serves them in their own way. that's good! It is very versatile guitar suitable for classic rock, hard rock, punk rock, blues, and even metal with good distortion pedal(I use Boss ME-25, not the best on market, but it does the job pleasantly good). I'm giving it 8 because it obviously isn't perfect, but its meant to be an excellent beginner guitar. And that it is.

This is all-around good electric guitar that will do its job when its pushed to. Great for jamming in bedroom, great for giging on a 4x12 amp, and it looks pretty fu**ing amazing!

I have no fear giging this guitar without any backup. I bumped a headstock a few times into amp accidentally and it just has little strach. Pathetic! This guitar wheeps me gently!

The guitar came to me in pretty good shape(I ordered it online- the most stupid thing I have ever done). I just had to work some magic with screwdriver for 2 minutes on the bridges, and it was ready to rock. Finish was just superb. This gold machine is superb still today after 3 years, and I think it will be the same after 20 years. We will se about that. I am giving it 7 because of crapy custom strings that I had to change and I little messed up action that I had to fix.

OK, I bought this guitar 3 years ago, and its 2008 model. It is made in China, but finished in UK. Mine is in goldtop color. It has two Entwistle HV 58 humbuckers with Alnico II magnets. It has Kluson Style tuners, nickel hardware, 630 mm scale lenght, mahagony body and neck, built-in neck, rosewood fingerboard, trapezoid inlays and maple top veneer. I am giving it just 7, because 20 years ago this was perfectly modern, but today we know robot guitars with a load of features, and that's why its not getting a 10.

william_mcmanus
    Easily superior to the Epiphone version I had a while back and that was one of the better ones Epiphone have made. This has a much better quality look and feel about it. Much more comfortable neck and easier playing action to my mind. Has that all important certain something that makes you want to pick it up. Very under rated which makes them excellent value used.