TSE 505 review by Tanglewood

Tanglewood: TSE 505

Purchased from: Westside Music

I was really impressed with the sound, I use Fender Super Bullets 9-40 strings which give a nice bright tone. I play all types of music so the Les Paul type guitar can handle anything. I run it through a Korg 1500 Multi Effect and it sounds great, stacks of rich full sustain. Having owned Gibsons (ES330's) I can say that value for money if you are just starting out then this is a serious first guitar.

If this was stolen I would purchase another. I Have been playing for 40 years including Strats, Gretch, Gibsons and Jackson. This is a value guitar and far better value for money than any of the above. I always pick up the Tanglewood before the Gibson because I love the feel and look.

I had two minor problems which were sort by Westside, a loose tuner which was replaced under warrenty and a loose jack plug connector which I sorted myself, so I cannot say if it would withstand live playing without a backup. The finish in black is good, but to honest most guitars are these days, good strong strap buttons and should last for many years.

The setup was almost perfect but I put that down to Westside Music as they set their guitars before selling then. Anyone who knows about China knows that quality has improved beyond reconition over the last few years, and this guitar proves it. Excellent finish all round, no flaws at all. Low action and super neck.

I bought this guitar because it's a Les Paul Copy and I couldn't afford the real thing. I already play with a '59 Gibson ES330, and I wanted a low cost guitar with humbuckers. It was made in China with maple neck and rosewood frets. Tun-O-Matic bridge, 3-way selector, two volume and two tone controls finished in black with gold fittings. It also came with a gig bag.

andr3vv
    i bought this guitar for 250 about a year ago .other people have told me its got a nice tone but i hate it! its got no excitement theres nothing that makes me want to pick it up and play it..i dont recommend buying this guitar and i think anyone that does is mental