Custom Guitar review by TGK Guitars

TGK Guitars: Custom Guitar

Purchased from: TGK Guitars

Made in Zachery Louisiana, USA this guitar has a beautiful Red and yellow burst Curly Big Leaf Maple top and 24 frets on a un-marked Spalted Maple fret board, an a Maple neck, with fiber optic side markers that are led's. Really handy, on a dim stage, the led's come on via a switch, mounted on the rear of the head stock. A Poplar, single cutaway body topped by Maple, as previously stated, with a semi-shiny transparent nitro-cellulose paint job. The wood grain is very clear. A string-thru bridge, passive single coil neck pup, and bridge humbucker, not sure of the make, but the neck pup sings, and the humbucker has PLENTY of growl. Passive tone, and volume controls, with a 3-way switch. Tuners are Schaller.

I bought this guitar because it has a Poplar body, and Poplar sustains differently, so it is pretty bright sounding but the brightness becomes grounded in the tone the guitar produces. Since I play MANY genres I like it for the different tones. And, it kind of produces two tones that run together to create the tone I hear. My rig consists of a DigiTech RP500 multi-effects unit a Ibanez Weeping Demon wah and a Electro-Harmonix EHX Tortion pre-amp, into a Kustom 12 Gauge amplifier, hot-rodded with a Eminence GB 12.

The guitar's intoning spot on, height of strings, great, the pickups are well matched, the body is thin, and it acts as a large sounding board. The two piece top is matched pretty well, and the curly Maple top looks incredible... Took off the back covers to find all routing was done cleanly, and all was lined with copper sheeting. Frets were perfect, no sharp edges, very clean, and neat. I couldn't detect any issues at all, with the instrument. All prep work was done great. CLEARLY the maker is a guitarist who knows his craft.

I just got it so I don't know, but the instrument seems to be very well made and looks like I'll be playing the hell out of it. And with twenty-four frets I can really play the upper register, like I like to do, And on this instrument I can get up there, without feeling cramped, for space. All the hardware is solid and looks extremely sturdy, like it'll last longer then me. It's a VERY comfortable playing guitar, in any position, and with the fiber-optic neck lighting system, I can play it ANYWHERE, dark, or light.

As I said before I play a lot of genres, and this guitar looks like it'll accomplish that. AND it's all original, you see this maker makes all ONE OF A KIND GUITARS, and they're QUALITY + for $300.00 a USA custom made guitar is a great deal... and it's a great guitar. BTW. The seller sells on eBay, and he guarantees them 100%, and he communicates with the buyers.