FB45 review by Tokai

Tokai: FB45

I play mainly hard rock (e.g. Guns N' Roses) and punk and this guitar fits them both fine. It requires a lot of gain to get good distortion but when it does it has an excellent tone, the clean setting is quite muddy but it can be easily adjusted through settings on your amp (I play though a Marshall MG30DFX ). If you play through a pedal it may give some feedback but again it can be adjusted with your amp. It plays best at loud volumes. It plays most kind of music well and most people will find it easy to get the right sound.

This guitar is good for my stle of music and fits well sound wise and looks wise. I've been playing for about three years and own a cheap Strat copy and a decent Les Paul copy (both Westfield )and this guitar blows them out of the water. If it were stolen id probably buy a more expensive guitar, but I wouldn't have a problem with another one of these. My favourite feature of this guitar is the pickups, which pick up the high notes extremly well.

This guitar is fine for live playing, I've played it for performances and plan to use it for gigs, unless I find something better. The hardware is built to last and I haven't had any problems with loose strap buttons or anything like that. This guitar is incredibly light and weighs just a little more than my acoustic. So it would be easy to stand with for an entire set. The finish is strong enough to last.

This guitar was set up well in the factory and didnt need much adjusting, I raised the action to stop it going out of tune. The pickups were fine and are probably the best feature of this guitar. The finish was perfect when I got it and has not been damaged, except from a few scratches caused by my carelessness.

This guitar has the body style of a Firebird. It is quite a recent model but I don't know which year it was made. It has a rosewood fingerboard and 22 regular size frets. The neck isn't bolt-on so it's glued. This guitar came with two humbucker pickups. It has two volume controls and two tone controls and a 3-way selector. No accessories came with this guitar.