Love Rock ASL48 review by Tokai

Tokai: Love Rock ASL48

The sound will fit any genre of the rock and metal family. I mainly use it for a indie/emo/pop punk sound which is great because use the bridge pickup for increased trebel which really suits the music I play. At the moment I am using a bass amp with bass turned all the way down with the treble all the way up. I pass through an amp modeller multi FX unit which takes away the bass sound. From time to time I use a Marshall AVT50 (VALVESTATE) stack which really produces the best sound for my guitar. With the guitar on low volume on both pickups it packs a punch giving natural tones close to distortion.But if I put both pickups to full volume and Switch to treble and add tube screamer it really adds a hardcore/metalcore sound which I am now experimenting with and I aim to form my next band around that genre. I know this guitar fits any genre from jazz-metalcore-Indie-alternative-etc. It shows the bost of both worlds moving from a bright sound to a mellow to a hollow deep sound. It has so much variety as explain above. This guitar is good enough to make it's own sound it will suit any amp.

I play Indie and pop punk regularly which the guitar is suited for because of it's clean tones and light distortion abilities. I am also playing metalcore which the guitar is suited to very well when you add more pickup volume and tube screamer which is suitable for the more hardcore metal riffage. I've been playing it for about 1 & 1/2 which is not very long and the guitar feels the same since this day I bought to present day now. If it got stolen I would be devastated and that would leave no choice but to take down the theif and do all I can to get it back or definately buy a new one.

This guitar has been played with infront of audiences you can run around with it let it hang low and i will withstand. The strapbuttons are great they hold without a lock and the guitar is naturally suited for a Live environment which is part of the producution. It lasts i can use it from 5pm to 5am and back with no replacement and the tuning is stable enough to play a long gig and ignore your tuner.

The action was low which was usefull because of the style in which I play in so I can get around the fret board easily which really helps for chromatic runs and soloing. The pickups are perfect give a very truthfull sound. The guitar has no flaws except the ones I added to give it a different sound but these can be put to the original state in a second.

This guitar was first made in the 80s but my model is not 28 years old it was built around late 06 early 07. This model has 25 frets but the 23, 24 and 25th are hard to access. It has a relatively low action with jumbo frets and mahogany body and neck.The guitar has a laminated top which is quite protective.It has les paul solid body style body. The Bridge is Tune-O-Matic which is really good for keeping the instrument in tune. It uses passive electronics and the pickups are 2 humbuckers with a pickup selector I use the bridge for increased treble.

SetMeFree
    I have one but i'd like to take off the shiny finish and expose the wood, has anyone done this and do you think i should leave it on??? I fancy replacing the pickups thinking of burstbuckers but not 100% sure? Any ideas?
    EL2T
    Don't bother raking the shiny paint off, if you like the finish on the guitar just leave it and it'll get less shiny by itself. Just got mmine and I love it, best guitar I've ever played!
    Daname
    in the title, it says ASL48. does it mean ALS48, or is this another version from Tokai? thinking of buying one, btw
    Maldihr
    I like the fact that you think it's 25 frets on this guitar, matt. It's 22 xD
    evileenz
    I am fixing the electrics for someone and this guitar feels like any lp that I have played, you can see some signs of quality with these guitars and I would say they are possibly better than epiphone's lps, the mini potentiometers and caps are rubbish tho