Loverock ASL70 review by Tokai

Tokai: Loverock ASL70

It has a very rich sound on the rhythm pickup, a Jimmy Page sort of sound. The treble pickup sounds good but not quite as rich as the rythm pickup it is good for heavy distortion sounding music but if you are going to solo with it you'll need a band to back you up more whereas you can solo on your on own with a fuller dound with the rythm pickup still the treble pickup is still good. Sounds very close to a Gibson if not the same.

I play Led Zeppelin alot and it is a perfect match it ranges from a rock sound to a blues sound to a quite mellow sound. I've been playing for nearly four years and I've played in Gibsons in shops and they don't match up to the Tokai I have. I might at some point change the treble pickups for a more full sound but that is all I would ever do to the guitar. If it was stolen I would not hesitate to buy a new one exactly the same. After buying a japaneese Tokai I would nver buy a Gibson. Top quality.

The finish on the guitar is very thick and will not wear out the hardware is brilliant I've never had any trouble with it. I've used it in all the band practices I've been to and its fine, and it's getting used for a gig in about a month I most deffinatly won't be taking a backup guitar.

It is beatifully finished in an amber flame top with cream neck and body binding. It is set up perfectly nothing is wrong with it. Its action is brilliant it plays better than the Gibson Les Paul Standard. ITs also finished better than a Gibson. Top quality.

It was made in Japan and has 22 frets on a rosewood fingerboard. It is in an amber flamed sycamore top. It has a mahogany set neck and a mahogany back. It is has a Gibson Les Paul style body with two PAF Vintage MKII pickups, a three way switchand two tone controls and two volume controls. They features are brilliant definaltly equal to a Gibson.