Loverock ASL70 review by Tokai

Tokai: Loverock ASL70

Purchased from: Guitar Tutor

Well Loverock really gives it away. Mainly for rock style but is also good for blues and funk. I ame using a Boss Octave, Death Metal distortion and Jim Dunlop Original Wah with it. it can be quite briht when it's on treble, only use that for solos, use middle or rythm for riffs.

I play loys of metal but it's good for other styles as I said. I have had it for a year now and so far it's done its job. It has got 2 minor dashed on the bottom of the body. I'm not sure I would buy it again, I probably would save up for an Ibanez or Gibson. Well I love the sound, I hate the weight I hate the colour because it's like this greeny, silvery, goldy colour. I aslo like fretboard and pickups. The only thing I wish is that the colour is sunburst (this I s able to get on this guitar), and it was lighter and for this model (Loverock ASL70) I don't think you can change the weight.

The will be OK in gigs. A downside is it's very heavy and I have played with it in a gig lasting 15 minutes and my shoulder was hurting. Hardware will last hopefully forever apart from strings just change them every 6 months, or if you are a string both then you will probably change every month. There are positives as it does have really good sound better than a Epiphone.

All componants are adjusted well, nothing loose. One of the strap pegs has come a little loose, but just got the screw-driver out and it was fixed. Also the scratchplate, but nothing major. It's strongly made and won't fall apart unless you throw it up in the air a couple of times.

Inahrima
    peever wrote: omg, if you think a tokai is better then a gibson les paul standard your mentally retarded
    If you can just assume that and believe that without actually playing and testing both out, then you sir are seriously retarded. (i haven't played either so yeah, you might be right but still..)
    cerveza
    another LP ripoff, and flashback, it doesn't take much to sound better than an epi
    Mahoru
    I've played a Tokai ALS65. Absolutely beatiful in almost every aspect. And believe me, its quality is equal to a Gibson Les Paul Classic, for half the price. It may sound almost like a Les Paul Standard, but it's A LOT cheaper and looks the same, just with Tokai on the headstock instead of Gibson. If you are lucky enough to find one of these, at least try it, you won't be disappointed.
    j-e-f-f-e-r-s
    I've got a Tokai Loverock, don't think it's this particular model, but it's still a lovely guitar. It doesn't have all the frills of a Gibson (the binding isn't as elaborate for instance) but construction wise it's superb. In fact, Tokai uses a much longer tenon joint at the neck than you get on current Gibsons, arguably giving the guitar more sustain (at least, that's what the gear heads say).
    peever