SG60 review by Tokai

Tokai: SG60

Purchased from: The Guitar World

This fits my style perfectly (rock, metal, blues, you nme it, I play it). I have used four amps with it over the years: 12 watt Kustom tube amp, 30 watt Fender frontman, 30 watt Line 6 Spider II, and my current amp, 120 watt Line 6 Spider III. It sounds gret through all amps, even when I hook up my Crybaby pedal. It has a rich, Gibson sound and keeps it even when I crank it full blast through any one of my amps.

I play everything and this guitar is perfect. I have been playing for 5 years and this is the best guitar yet. It is basically a Gibson but with a different name and for half the price. I love this guitar. Put it this way, you can give me any guitar, Gibson, Fender, anything, and this will always be my main guitar! Always!

I have played over 30 shows with this guitar, and it never failed me once. The pickups are just giving out but I have had them for two years. The strap buttons are on solid. I have always played it without a backup and I will continue doing that. The finish is a dream, this guitar has been beat up so much, but no scratches, dents or anything.

When I got this guitar, I will not lie too you, it was perfect! I have had strats, les pauls and other SGs, but this is the only one I got perfect. Seriousely, just perfect! Everything set great, pickups set good, bridge set good, just perfect. I have even tried out my dream 2004 Gibson SG Standard, and it does not compare to it at all.

This is a Japan made Gibson SG Standard copy, and man, did they ever copy it well! It has thin, 22 fret neck. The body is made of mahogany and the neck of the same. The guitar has the classic SG horn cutawat body with a beutiful red color with a black half pickguard. It has a Tune-O-Matic bridge with the usual SG style volume and tone nobs. It also has gret sounding P-90 pickups.

ac/dc#1fan
    Well, there is one thing I forgot 2 tell,I keep having 2 fix the imput jack,it keeps messing up and loosening all the time! No big deal but still...its so annoying
    Megahunter
    i got a toaki sg too and its a dream to play on everyone that try it likes it too