Silver Star SS36 review by Tokai

Tokai: Silver Star SS36

Price paid: € 600

Purchased from: Forum

If you play blues, jazz, some rock. This guitar is perfect. Stratocasters are the best guitars for this kind of genre and Tokai has just copied the 76's Strats. I only use DigiTech RP50 modulations, and this guitar sounded great. Very bright at bridge pickups, very fat at the neck. And combine those pickups... killer Strat!!

Perfect guitar for blues, Jazz, alternative rock, rock. etc... I'd been playing for 15 years and I am still amazed with this Fender copy guitar. If it was stolen, I have to check ebay for auctions. I really love Stratocasters, and planning of getting a real one. But for this Vintage Tokai. I'm keeping it!

I haven't played on stage with this guitar yet, but I'm pretty sure of its reliability. Its a 30 year old guitar and all the hardwares are still original. I prefer guitars with ageing finish like my Olympic White Tokai. Actually the finish is yellowing already. Some paint cracks and thats what I like about a Vintage guitar.

Its a 31 year old guitar, the settings are already change. It has the micro tilt neck adjustment. So if you want to make the action really low. Its very much possible. But I haven't change it yet. Of coarse, the nickel plated bridge already oxidized. Very Vintage!

A 1979 Vintage japanese guitar. A very good copy of 1976 Fender Stratocaster. With micro tilt adjustable maple neck, 3 bolt. Rosewood fingerboard, maple neck. Alder body. Olympic white finish. The bridge is a 70'style for strats. 3 Vintage single coils made by Tokai. This guitar was also known as a Fender Lawsuit guitar. Since Tokai copied almost the exact specifications of the 1976 Fenders. The 3 way toggle switch was converted to 5 way. Vintage tuning pegs, with inserts for excess strings.

salsawords
    OH MY GOD ALL NINES!!! ALL NINES!!!! A BLASPHEMY!!!!! The review is more than just numbers, plus he called it a perfect guitar. If he had rated it all 10's you'd lose your shit. Seems like a great vintage guitar. I bet it'll be worth a lot someday.
    theido
    ishmonkey
    theido wrote: I just wouldn't agree that a strat is good for jazz... it can be used but it's not the sharpest nife for the wood...
    umm pretty sure people dont use KNIVES to cut wood lol
    ZA58
    Belevie me a stat is very good for jazz Im in a jazz band and my stat dose its job
    ZA58
    as for the guitar nice, looked like it aged like fine wine and not milk
    rayq78
    SilverSpurs616 wrote: Grammar gets rather frustrating with the excessive full-stops... Also, all 9's? No.
    yeah i know...please forgive me...
    Blackdogxx
    I had a Silver Star and also a Springy Sound (ash body). Silly names for very well made guitars of excellent woods and pickups. If you locate either one and it is a real one, grab it if affordable. The Tokais were to Strats what the Burnys were to LPs. Tokai's 'Love Rock' LP was a serious LP copy and may have been almost the same factory as the Burnys.