TTE50 review by Tokai

Tokai: TTE50

Price paid: € 635

Purchased from: guitarshopeurope.com

I normally play Ibanez or EBMM guitars but I played a Tokai Tele in Paris and thought it was absolutely unreal. I searched online and found a shop with one for 635 euro so I snapped it up. Fantastic sound - very authentic Tele sound and extremely high quality. Sustain is amazing for a Telecaster.

I play in a covers band and I do around 280 shows a year. Music varies from Jazz to 80's rock. With this going into my Triaxis/6L6 power amp setup I can achieve any sound I need.

Played two gigs with it so far. Amazing sound. Seems rock solid. No complaints. Absolutely love it. Highly recommend Tokai to anyone. Next on the list is one of those Les Paul models - see how it compares to my limited edition Gibson.

Guitar came out of the case ready to play. Now whether this was done by the shop or by the manufacturer I don't know. Either way it was excellent to get a guitar ready to play out of the case.

New Japanese made Tele model. 21 fret, rosewood board. Candy apple red finish with tweed hard case. Gotoh and Shinetsu parts. Setup and ready to go out of the case.

rv_phoenix
    I'm sure Tokai makes very good guitars, but I don't think they worth straight 10s. Which are utterly irrelevant, btw. Too bad such a professional player didn't give us more details, leaving us in a deep doubt (because of the straight 10s).