G10 Standard Review

8.6
 1,013
review (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
G10 Standard Reviewed by: upchuck51, on september 25, 2008

Features: It has a solid basswood body. It has a rock maple neck and a rosewood fret board (there are twenty two frets). This guitar comes with a single volume control, 2 tone controls, and a five way switch. It also comes with three high output traditional single coil pickups. You have your choice of transparent, opaque, or metallic finishes. (I have a transparent finish). // 9

Sound: I really like it. it has a nice workable sound that you can get to fit close to what you want. I have been playing mine for a little over four years. It has a somewhat full sound. If I messed with the amp more I could get the better sound I want. the guitar is very easy to change styles. you can go from finger picking to metal and not feel out of place on the guitar. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: When I bought the guitar everything was in perfect order to my knowledge. However this was my first guitar so my knowledge was no where near what it is now so I can't fairly say that it was perfect but I can say it was pretty close. Nothing was out of place. This guitar was completely great for me when I first got it. It still is a great guitar I play it every day. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would love to say I can depend on it but I fully cant. The B-string has a tendency to fall out of tune really quickly and about a year ago there was a problem with the cable hook up. While I have now taken care of that I can't say that I can depend on it. The guitar has also recently been having issues with it's neck. It is starting to bend up wards just slightly so now the strings make a rattling noise when I play. This is no big problem I just wanted to point it out. // 7

Overall Impression: My overall impression of this guitar is that it is amazing. Being the first guitar I ever had it really helped me a lot because as you know new guitarist tend to have problems with smoothness, well this guitar made that problem easy to over come because it is already decently smooth sounding so that really helped out. And this being the first guitar I ever had I can honestly say that going through most things with this guitar would make me choose this guitar between every other guitar I have. // 9

Comments