S200 review by Tradition

Tradition: S200

I play mostly metal, rock and with an RP-90 pedal this guitar rocks, with the neck pickup it just screams, and the bridge pickup is great for rhythm, I'm running this through a Raven 20 amp with the RP-90 pedal on high distortion, it has a very full sound and its not noisy unless you use a wireless system, then sometimes you get a hum at high volume. Sometimes I do wish it were more responsive. This guitar is great for pinch harmonics although I do wish it had more sustain sometimes.

Like I said I play metal music and this guitar works great for me. I've been playing about 3 years and I've owned a Squire Strat, and an Ibanez SAS32EX. This guitar is my favorite out of all of them, personally this guitar just fits my style. My favorite feature is the neck because its so smooth and great for me, I do wish I had gone with a different color though. If anyone stole this guitar I'd probably look around and test a few different ones out but I'd definitely consider getting a new one of these.

I've had this guitar for about a year now and I have played live and it worked fine, I didn't even use a backup. All the electronics and things should last as long as you clean it and take care of it, the strap buttons worked great too I had no problems with those but if you are the type to swing your guitar around while on stage it wouldn't hurt to get strap locks. I would depend on this but I would use a back up just in case, and I the finish will definitely last there isn't a scratch yet. This guitar is heavy so anyone who is really small might want to stay away.

Everything was set up great right from the store without any flaws, all I had to do was change the tuning, the pickups were set up great, not to high or low. And for my taste the action was almost dead on, I just had to slightly lower it to make it just perfect.

This guitar was made in America, although I don't know what year. It has 22 frets on set neck. This guitar has a 24.7" scale. This has tobacco burst finish. The body is made from solid mahogany and the neck is also mahogany. Its in the Les Paul body shape which is one of the reasons I love it. It has a stop tail with tune-o-matic bridge. Passive PAF Humbuckers with 2 volume and 2 tone knobs along with a 3 way toggle, it also has Grover tuners. It came with a case.

motorxtp199
    GunShadow
    With mine the neck pickup is a lot hotter than the bridge, i think its just how Tradition does it.
    boboboski
    There is a S200Q Traditions LP copy in a pawn shop by my house for $80. I saw that someone paid $800 for a S200. What's the differences? What is the "Q" for, quilted? I'm not sure if it's quilted but it looks awesome. I don't play but I collect stuff like nice Guitars "cheap". There is also a Washburn B-20-8 (it's an 80's 8 string bass) for only $200 that I put on layaway. I saw one on ebay go for $665 with a $100 delivery charge yesterday so I know older Washburns get a lot of love.
    Victor.Croll
    Tradition Guitars are made in Korea (at the Samick factory) and are imported into the USA! They are NOT made in USA! When they are imported, some are upgraded (pickups/wiring) in Traditions factory nr. Fort Worth Texas! Tradition Guitars do NOT build their own guitars = they have them custom-made in Korea! I know because I am a Tradition Guitars dealer...
    ArekuuHachi
    Seems like one I might invest in. I also play Metal, as well as many other types of music. I've found that my GIO works great for those, but I am looking to expand my inventory to at least two guitars. If I do end up getting it I'll give you the credit freind.
    MaggaraMarine
    motorxtp199 wrote: Are you sure the bridge pickup is great for rythm and the neck pickup screams? You probably hve that backwards.
    Well it depends on what kind of stuff you play with neck pickup. Some guys use it often for lead stuff (like John Petrucci) and some guys don't (like Eddie Van Halen). But yeah, I wouldn't say that neck pickup screams. The bridge screams more IMO because it's more trebly and its sound is just more screaming to my ears. The neck pickup is more buzzy.