S20 Standard Review

manufacturer: Tradition date: 05/05/2006 category: Electric Guitars
Tradition: S20 Standard
It has 22 frets and a rosewood fretboard, a solid maple body and a Tune-O-Matic bridge.
 9.1
 9.6
 8.6
 4,029
review (1) 7 comments vote for this gear:
S20 Standard Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 05, 2006

Purchased from: GuitarWorks

Features: Made 2003 in indonesia. It has 22 frets and a rosewood fretboard. It has a solid maple body with transparent black finish. Has a Tune-O-Matic bridge. The body style lookes exactly like a Les Paul. It has two humbuckers, a 3-way selector, 2 tone and 2 volume knobs. It includes a hardshell case. // 10

Sound: I play rock, so this guitar suits just fine. To me, this guitar sounds identical to an Epiphone Les Paul. I use it with a Fender 15W Frontman, and a Marshall 30GFX. It sounds perfect. It has a nice rich tone that can go from rock and punk, to blues and country. However, this guitar does not match the power of a Les Paul. Sometimes I get a buzzing noise if a TV or vaccume is on. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Like I said before, identical to a Epiphone Les Paul. I didn't have to adjust anything when I got it. The finish and everything was perfect. It is truely a beautiful guitar. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have had this guitar for 3 years, and it is still awesome. The chrome is still in good shape and none of the hardware has tarnished. The finish hasn't worn off. I would use this for a gig w/out a backup. // 10

Overall Impression: I am a rocker, and this guitar matches perfectly. I have been playing for 4 years, this is my second guitar (I have 4). I will never let it get stolen. The thing I love the most about the guitar is the cost. I can't believe I got this good of a guitar for such a little cost. I chose to compare it to an Epiphone les paul because they sound similar and look identical. I do wish it would have come with duncan designed pickups. // 9

Comments