Avenger AV330 review by Vantage

Vantage: Avenger AV330

For me, I mostly play punk music, some acoustic and some hard rock. Either way this guitar has the stuff for it. When you turn on distortion you get almost no feedback, and a beautiful tone. The tremelo bridge is nothing special, but it sounds nice without fear of damaging the tuning or guitar.

For me, this guitar is perfect for what I need. If someone is looking for a guitar with tone options though, do not purchase this guitar. It is not good for different tones by itself, unless routed through a pedal of sorts. I myself use the DigiTech RP300A, Boss DS-1, and a Marshall MG15CD. I've had this guitar for a year, and havn't had any thoughts of a newer guitar yet. With two tone knobs, a volume knob, 5-way selector, this guitar is good for what it does!

This guitar is outstanding Live. I completely rely on this guitar, without backup. The music I play allows me to move around with the music a lot, so I'm constantly spinning, jumping and such. The strap buttons have never failed me before, and I don't think they will. The guitar is solid, and the finish hasn't started to wear off yet, and this guitar is over 30 years old.

The pickups are 3 Standard single coil, but they sound great for this guitar. I use a DigiTech RP300A for all my tones and this guitar can handle them all without any problems. The fretboard is 21 1/2 frets, and made of beautiful maple wood, with a glossy finish. The guitar is black, but also comes in white, blue, and dark red. The pick guard is also black, with a white border making this guitar stand out from the rest.

The Vantage Avenger AV330 was manufactured in Japan in 1972-73. It has 21 & 1/2 medium sized frets, on a beaufitul maple wood neck and fretboard. The fretboard is laminated, making it nice for sliding around without difficulty. Scale is 630mm. Classic tremelo bridge, with an extra spring in the package. 3 Standard SC for the pickups, and a 5-way selector. Two tones and one volume. Tuners are chrome, and guitar comes in black, white, blue, and dark red.

takeitawaybob
    well obviously "jackson guitars" doesnt know the first thing about well made guitars. Why comment if you have absolutely no clue what you're talking about? Whilst not a high-end model, this guitar was made in the early 80's (most probably, depending on serial no.) by the Matsumoku factory in Japan. Look it up. i've owned a couple of these and whilst they dont match up to the higher-end matsumoku guitars, it still beats the living shit out of all the crap around nowadays. Including jackson guitars.
    sid001
    Have an AV315 originally built with humbucker in neck position and single in the bridge. Same colors. Pickguard was smashed (literally found it in a dumpster) so swapped the positions and put a dimarzio tonezone in, and it rocks. Sound is really nice. Neck is really nice. Sustain is great. Guitar is heavy as hell, but as reviewer said, it holds up. Most of the haters are going to tell you fender or gibson, but I always have my strat and gibson friends tell me how much they'd "like to pickup a guitar like this". Of course you can't. Not easily.