Avenger AV330 Review

7.5
 3,151
review (1) 8 comments vote for this gear:
Avenger AV330 Reviewed by: xdeline!, on december 20, 2006

Features: The Vantage Avenger AV330 was manufactured in Japan in 1972-73. It has 21 & 1/2 medium sized frets, on a beaufitul maple wood neck and fretboard. The fretboard is laminated, making it nice for sliding around without difficulty. Scale is 630mm. Classic tremelo bridge, with an extra spring in the package. 3 Standard SC for the pickups, and a 5-way selector. Two tones and one volume. Tuners are chrome, and guitar comes in black, white, blue, and dark red. // 8

Sound: For me, I mostly play punk music, some acoustic and some hard rock. Either way this guitar has the stuff for it. When you turn on distortion you get almost no feedback, and a beautiful tone. The tremelo bridge is nothing special, but it sounds nice without fear of damaging the tuning or guitar. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The pickups are 3 Standard single coil, but they sound great for this guitar. I use a DigiTech RP300A for all my tones and this guitar can handle them all without any problems. The fretboard is 21 1/2 frets, and made of beautiful maple wood, with a glossy finish. The guitar is black, but also comes in white, blue, and dark red. The pick guard is also black, with a white border making this guitar stand out from the rest. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is outstanding Live. I completely rely on this guitar, without backup. The music I play allows me to move around with the music a lot, so I'm constantly spinning, jumping and such. The strap buttons have never failed me before, and I don't think they will. The guitar is solid, and the finish hasn't started to wear off yet, and this guitar is over 30 years old. // 9

Overall Impression: For me, this guitar is perfect for what I need. If someone is looking for a guitar with tone options though, do not purchase this guitar. It is not good for different tones by itself, unless routed through a pedal of sorts. I myself use the DigiTech RP300A, Boss DS-1, and a Marshall MG15CD. I've had this guitar for a year, and havn't had any thoughts of a newer guitar yet. With two tone knobs, a volume knob, 5-way selector, this guitar is good for what it does! // 8

Comments