VP820 Review

manufacturer: Vantage date: 06/26/2007 category: Electric Guitars
Vantage: VP820
It has 22 frets and have a wide neck as a Gibson but thin as a Fender!
 8.2
 7.8
 8.6
 3,287
review (1) 9 comments vote for this gear:
VP820 Reviewed by: Art Of Music, on june 26, 2007

Features: This was made in problably 1970-75 in japan. It has 22 frets and have a wide neck as a Gibson but thin as a Fender! Perfectly for my taste! The frets themselves are pretty fat! It's a laminated top I think. The body is a double cutaway. The wings are made of Walnut and the center of Maple, it's a solid body and the neck is not a bolt-on-neck, it's the one who's naturally carved with the body (whatever you call it). Really nice anyway! Stringthru body it is with 2 volume 2 tone and 2 mini knobs (which I honest don't know what it is for.) And the pickups are two uncovered humbuckers! // 7

Sound: It suits almost any type of rock/hardrock/punk/punk rock and that just suits me fine! I use it with an Hughes & Kettner, Attax 80 (and the amps natural distortion). It sounds just great! The Distortion sounds like a fat beeish sound (which is great for rythm guitar). It's just noisy when the distortion is turned on (not so unexpected because the gain is turned to max along with much mid and treble). it's rich and full! And it can scream and bleed. The tone itself is pretty distinct. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Well. When I got it from my teacher it was a mess! No bridge, no strings. Scratchy here and there. But I made a bridge myself and it looks really nice now. The pickups was nice though! But the neckpickup was the only one who worked. I can imagine it was a dream-budget-guitar when the one Who bought it got it! // 6

Reliability & Durability: This guitar does it all! I accidently dropped it with the head first, it got a little scratch and got untuned but no more then that! The hardware will last at least 10 years more! And the finish is awesome! It doesnt't get scratched easily! that's what I lacked on my Squier Bullet! // 9

Overall Impression: I play punk rock and this is my dream when I found it! I have played almost 3 years and this with my amp is a great match! I would turn really depressed if somebody stole this(cause I can't buy it as it is again)! This is my favourite! I love the sound, but it goes out of tone if you hit it to something (I don't mean smash, but hit something with it). I got it instead of my Squier Bullet because the Bullet is just noisy and has a sound with too much treble and lack bass. // 8

Comments