V100 review by Vintage

Vintage: V100

Purchased from: Stagebeat

I play metalica style music from mainly the kill em all to reload albums. It plays these really well. Snap this up with a DigiTech RP50 and youll get the perfect sound for One! I also use a vox wah, Danelectro distortion and chorus (which I think kick ass! Choose boss if you want to sound like everyone else :P) and the rp50. I use Washburn Mad Dog amps which kick ass . There is no noise even when held up to a computer moniter. The only problem about the sound is that if you dont have amp that sounds anything like a rectifier is sounds a bit too rich. Other than that its great.

It is amazing value. If Gibson got their hands on it theyd slap their name on and sell it for 1000. If it were stolen I'd hunt the cunt down.

This guitar is great for live work. I also use a Westfield Stratocaster which is another great guitar for the money. It will last a long time.

The only niggles I had were that it came with a scrath on the cutaway and the jack and volume control were loose. But these were easily fixed when I sent it back. The scratch was permanent though but they knocked about 30 quid off it to say sorry.

This guitar is packed with features for the money I paid. When you take it out of the box it looks and plays a dream. The gold hardware sits atop a silky smooth maple body. All 22 frets play well but some choke a bit but this can only be heard when its not plugged in an amp. the pickguard has defended the guitars maple body really well and hasn't shown a scratch since I got it. The humbuckers work really well.