V100 review by Vintage

Vintage: V100

Purchased from: ....

It suits most of the stuff I play grunge, punk and some metal like Nirvana, Megadeth, Metallica, Peal Jam, NOFX and some other stuff like that. I use a Epiphone Studio 10 which is fine but quite alot of buzzing when you turn the gain up, and a Boss DS-2 to hide some of the amp sounds too. The guitar has a good sound and good sustain, the neck pickup is good but I thought the bridge one was a bit screetchy and made the treble loud.

It has a good sound with the humbucks which is good with the distortion from my DS-2. I have been playing 5 years but this is the only guitar I own for just now. If it was stolen I would buy it again because I like the Les Paul but don't have that much money and I get a bit sentametal. I like the neck and fretboard it's good for playing fast and the sustain is really good. But the middle around the curve on the side the width looks a bit narrow might just be me but anyway. I think it could of been good if it had a bit for a whammy bar.

I wouldn't know about live playing. The hardware looks like it would last since mines has got some bangs on things but doesn't seem to get dented? The stap butons are good but abit small so if you don't have straplocks the strap might fall out sometimes. Yeah I would depend on it and have another guitar just in a different tuning. The guitar has a good finish especially when it's black.

Though the 7th fret marker is squint and if you play on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd string on the first fret you get alot of buzz but it's still a good guitar. And the jack socket was a bit wobbly so that worried me abit. Nothing major though.

it has 24 frets (thin) with a satin black finish I think? With a tune-o-matic bridge, passive electronics. With a 3-way selector Switch and tone and volume controls for each pickup.