V100 review by Vintage

Vintage: V100

Purchased from: soundsmusical.com

This guitar suits my music style just right, I like to play blues rock such as Eric Clapton and Led Zeppelin and also stuff like Iron Maiden or Nirvana. This guitar seems to me to be great for a beginner who is still searching for a "style" as it can be used for just about anything. I'm using my Vintage with a Vox Pathfinder 15R, which is a great amp let me tell you! I've played my Vintage through a couple of other amps and it really does sound much better through the Vox. The quality of the sound from this guitar is also great, it sounds so clean and it's so easy to play, it makes you sound like a better musician than you actually are (being a beginner and all). It makes you want to play it more and more. You can also Switch to fatter sounds with the rhythm/lead Switch, lay on some gain and you've got a great grungy crunch, lean it off a little and you have that classic blues rock sound. It's really very versatile. It certainly has better sounds than my friends guitars, they were amazed at the sounds I got out of it and couldn't believe the price I paid for this quality.

I'm really very impressed with my Vintage, I think for the price I paid I got the best value for money out there. If it were stolen or lost I would definately buy another, I'd even have the same colour finish! It's just so versatile and feels so nice to play. Some of you with your real Les Pauls and Strats may be thinking I've marked this way too high, I just want to say that I've marked this guitar thinking about how it compares to others in it's price range. In conclusion this is a great guitar for the beginner.

I really cannot comment on "live playing" or anything like that, but I can tell you that this guitar feels well made. It has a solid feel to it compared with others in the price range, I think I'll be playing it for some time to come (or until I feel like making the step up to something better).

When I got the Vintage the action wasn't set right, there was a lot of buzzing from the low E, that was easily fixed! When I got the guitar I looked over it, I loved the way it looked and the tobacco finish was gorgeous. There were flaws though, you could only see them if you're a picky sod like me. Things like on the pickup selector you can see the seams of the plastic head sticking out a little, the pick guard also looks a little cheap. It's these tiny little flaws that remind you how much it cost, and when you go into a shop and see some real les pauls you will notice these differences in quality straight away. I can't take too many points off for these things though, as they are miniscule and can barely be noticed.

This guitar has a blues rock look, mine is finished in tobacco sunburst. It has a mahogany body and maple neck (it's really smoothe). It has gold plated hardware including the twin double coil pickup layout (Wilkinson pick ups), Tune-O-Matic bridge and tulip head tuners.