V100 review by Vintage

Vintage: V100

Purchased from: local music shop

I tend to play blues and 80's rock mostly, I use a Marshall TSL122 speaker set, the guitar isn't the quietest at high volumes, but at anything under Gigscale it performs wonderfully, the feedback is minimal and with the selctor set to treble the sound is sharp and responsive. Set it to rhythm and it plays comfortably the mid rnage notes without too much twang like I get from my Fender.

For the price this guitar is fantastic, my Gibson SG sometimes finds itself being put down in prefernce to the oldshool tone of this reliable guitar. I bought it as a present for my girlfriend whom it turns out didnt continue to learnt to play, I adopted it and it has seved me well, lasting longer in fact than my relationship, which both have suffered some wear and tear. If it was stolen I think I would buy another, purely because it is an indispensible tool as a backup guitar and something to use without wearing out my other guitars.

Everything seems fine so far, been playing it regularly for 2 years no hiccups. A few minor adjustments made by myself, but not essential, tend to use it in gigs mainly as a backup in case my Gibson cuts out, has happened once or twice. Reliable strong built guitar, the wilkinson machine heads dont seem to hold thier place too well after a while, but its just a matter of fixing them. The gold finish has experienced some wear where my plam rests near the bridge, and the lacquer has worn off on the binding of the body where my arm rubs when strumming. Overall pretty reliable but I have used it a lot.

The finish is fantastic, the wine red mahogany with the woodgrain visible through the lacquer looks great, the gold plated accessories look good, but I have found it has worn of near the bridge and on the bridge side pickup where it has much contact with my palm. The finsish ont he neck was touchy, with several things that initially annoyed me. I planed down some of the binding, replaced the laquer and redid the markers, looks fantastic. The jackplug and potentiometers werent attached properly, I opened the guitar up and set everything in its place, whilst doing so noticed a lot of residual woodshaving dust and some mediocre shaping of the inside cavity, not that this makes a difference or will ecven be noticed by many people. The pickups didn't come properly adjusted, and I found myself having to readjust them so that all strings came out at the same volume, and similarly the action was to high for my liking, but as with any guitar nothings perfect when you first get it.

22 frets, solid body in wine red; mahogany body and neck with white binding and a rosewood finger board, golden plated electronics and knobs, 2 tone pots, 2 volume pots, 2 mini humbucker Alnico pickups, Wilkinson gold machine heads, 3-way selector Switch.

OttovanZanten
    this guitar is pretty sweet, used it to test an oldschool marshall amp today in a guitar store, the neck feels great and the sound is good too, i wouldn't only recommend it to beginners. Very much value for the money
    Daniel Pearce
    Could anyone plz suggest how much this might be second hand? Because I might want to but it second hand soon. One of my best guitars - nice reveiws dudes!
    kop4
    I think so, but im not 100% sure. The price is likely to be slightly higher, tough. A few tens of dollars I believe.