V100 review by Vintage

Vintage: V100

Purchased from: guitarbitz.com

I play blues/rock and this guitar can really pull off that early Eric Clapton sound. it's humbuckers sound very good distorted, but like most humbuckers not so great clean. I use a Roland cube30 with a Boss metal zone pedal and it gives me a nice rich sound even at low volumes.

If you want a guitar to do most styles of music especially rock nicely then I strongly recommend this guitar. I have high expectations on guitars as I also have an American Stratocaster but I am still pleased with this guitar, and for the money you can't go wrong with it. If it were stolen I would claim on our house insurance to get me a new one now!

Reliability and durability seems to be good. I haven't played this guitar on stage yet but if I was gigging with it I would be quite confident that it would keep working well. One of the tone knobs is wobbly but I think I did that when taking it to band practices.

Heres where the guitar slips a bit with the. When I bought the guitar (of the internet) there was a horrible buzz on the 12th fret. It cost me 25 to get it a set-up from my local guitar shop. If you buy this guitar in a shop however, it should be set-up alright. The finish looks great though as you can see the grain of wood through my finish.

My V100 is in cherry sunburst and looks great! If you ignore the headstock it looks like it is a 1000 guitar! It was made in china. It has a set neck, which for a guitar in this price bracket is a great feature for extra sustain. The solid mahogany body is a nice weight and gives the sound out nicely. 22 medium ish frets!

Lil Macker
    kop4
    I just got my goldtop, the guitar is $%^& AMAZING for the price!! my teacher has same view. I got mine for about 330 bucks (in Poland).
    Korzack
    These things have got Nice tone, but in fairness, put em next to a decent spec epi (standards, that sorts thing), and they do look & feel a bit cheap, in my opinion. Mind you, for 230 against an instrument twice as expensive, what do ya expect?
    thelittlemaster
    Lil Macker wrote: Slashs #1 fan, i think you might have got the V99, mainly because it costs 179. The V100 costs 230.
    The V100 costs around 165
    Mr Deftino
    I bought one instead of an old squire strat too. Mine was 190, Wine Red Colour, beautiful sound when set to the right tone and with the right FX. Just like an Epiphone but better, strings are excellent too, i bend alot and play my guitar alot and none of the strings have snapped. I've had it about half a year and i'd give it 10/10
    jamesdjharrod
    My friend had one and it broke in a week, maybe it was just his and not a general problem. If you want a cheap Les Paul, the Epiphone Les Paul Ultra is miles better. Or save up and get Gibson one, because you'll never need another guitar ever.
    Kada2110
    Mine has 22 frets, wilkinson hardware, wilkinson pickups (im planning to change them into dimarzio for a year), chrome hardware, tobacco sunburst, mahagony body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard... And so on... The guitar is at least one class higher then the price would say, and if you put better pickups you got a BEAST!!!