V100 review by Vintage

Vintage: V100

Purchased from: Roland Centar

Now, this guitar isnt actually mine, but my friend and me have tested it a lot. It was tested on a Roland 30W valve amp and it sounded great! The pickups are really good, made by Wilkinson, but the guitar could sound like a beast if you changed pickups. As I said, it's not mine, but I'm gonna buy it because it rocks, and I'll be using it with a Marshall MG15CD amplifier and on a 120W valve amplifier. It's not noisy, the sound is bright and clean, on overdrive, it's a rock/metal MACHINE! It only hums when you put it on distortion, volume MAX and gain MAX, but I think that is normal.

My style of music is classic rock/heavy metal and my own songs which are from blues to metal. It's a very versatille guitar and it can play almost everything. When I buy it, I'm planning to put DiMarzio pickups on it instead of the Wilkinson ones, but in a year or two. Maybe never, who knows. This guitar is at least one class higher from the price! The pickups are good, but if you want a good guitar that will last you and is good for gigs and stuff, change pickups, if you play home, or some small gigs, in bars etc. Then don't change pickups. The dude who has this one has a Fender USA Strat, Ibanez JEM777 and an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and he says that this guitar is better from Epiphone, more comfortable from the JEM. He said that he played a Gibson LP Standard and that this guitar isnt as good as the Gibson (of course) but it has the sound quality almost equal to the Gibson. It's not as comfortable and high quality as the Gibson, but with a PickUp change, it would have the same sound as the Gibson, and sound is the only thing that mathers to me. I love everything, hate it's weight, but with a good strap, that's not a problem. My favorite feature: the amazing sound! But don't trust me, I'm a beginner, trust my friend Who plays 10-12 years and played A LOT of guitars. Buy this, you won't regret it!

That dude who I was talking about played with it 3 times Live, and he said that the guitar is really good! The strap buttons are solid, he used it without a backup. He dropped it one time in front of my eyes, and nothing! For the price, it's reliable as a high price guitar! My friend has it for a year I think, and he said that it's really reliable!

This guitar isnt mine, but I know one dude who bought it, he said that when the guitar arrived, it had a little scratch. The action was excellent, the neck pickup wasn't fitted properly, so he did that, like in 10 minuted. Actually no big flawls that you can't fix. But keep in mind, that he bought it in a shop.

xConverge
    mine had a lot of buzzing on 6th aswell...beauty of a guitar though, finish is awesome. pickgaurd was scratched up when i got mine too...but i got a discount, and a few free picks to go with it because of that ^_^ awesome otherwise though! (ps, mine was tobacco, same as the guy who mentioned it in the review...might be just a coincidence though!
    roosa-henners15
    this is a great guitar, and i love it; but the tuning pegs (might not be universal) are made of an extremely easliy breakable plastic.
    buzz123
    Great guitar for a starter on electric like myself. Bought mine used from my teacher though but so far I've had no problems with it. The tuners have been replaced so it stays in tune just fine. Like I said, a great guitar.
    ConorCABALISTIC
    Lil Macker wrote: Slashs #1 fan, i think you might have got the V99, mainly because it costs 179. The V100 costs 230.
    I Managed To Get A V100 For 149.99, Mint Condish.